Ramjo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a link to the report?

White House Sidelines Christmas Tree 'Tax' | Fox News

Like greenego said, it was supposed to be used to market and promote the industry. Of course, everyone everywhere will twist the story so that it meets their political needs.

I don't have a problem with the big Christmas tree folks pooling money and promoting their industry. I just don't know why the fed thinks they should be involved in the initiative. Just like I don't understand why the fed thinks they have any business messing with 98% of the stuff they touch.

White House Sidelines Christmas Tree 'Tax' | Fox News

Like greenego said, it was supposed to be used to market and promote the industry. Of course, everyone everywhere will twist the story so that it meets their political needs.

I don't have a problem with the big Christmas tree folks pooling money and promoting their industry. I just don't know why the fed thinks they should be involved in the initiative. Just like I don't understand why the fed thinks they have any business messing with 98% of the stuff they touch.

Agreed with all the problems we have they're worried about trying to screw with Christmas

I guess its a muslim thing

Obama's newest idea! Let's put a tax on Christmas tree farmers that produce over a predetermined number of trees each year! Taxing Christmas trees...what's next? :)

A tax on christmas presents? lol Better yet, tax stamps on presents like they do with ammo boxes here in TN, lol. TEN CENTS! Bwahahaha!

Right! Like all the Muslims, Jews, and atheists that celebrate CHRISTmas.

Um, yes. Non-Christians celebrate Christmas, too. Even those :gasp: Muslims.

Christmas Day is celebrated as a major festival and public holiday in countries around the world, including many whose populations are mostly non-Christian. In some non-Christian countries, periods of former colonial rule introduced the celebration (e.g. Hong Kong); in others, Christian minorities or foreign cultural influences have led populations to observe the holiday. Countries such as Japan and Korea, where Christmas is popular despite there being only a small number of Christians, have adopted many of the secular aspects of Christmas, such as gift-giving, decorations and Christmas trees.

Notable countries in which Christmas is not a formal public holiday include People's Republic of China, (excepting Hong Kong and Macao), Japan, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Thailand, Nepal, Iran, Turkey and North Korea. Christmas celebrations around the world can vary markedly in form, reflecting differing cultural and national traditions.

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To Christians, the holiday is about Jesus. To non-Christians (and a lot of Christians), the holiday is about giving and being with family.

Like I said, it's a tax on those that believe in Santa. :D