Why does Mike McQueary still have a job at Penn State?

Wazzu

Why does Mike McQueary still have a job at Penn State? Anyone who could walk in on a guy raping a 10 year old and not physically step in to stop it is not even a real man. Penn State has a lot to be ashamed for right now and having a wuss like this on their sideline is just one more thing of which they ought to be ashamed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/sports/ncaafootball/aspiring-coach-in-middle-of-colleges-scandal.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimes

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard "sources" reporting that he won't be coaching this weekend. I believe that's a precursor to being fired. Just for the record I agree with you. But there is a whistle blower law in PA, and I know the university is in damage control at this point. If they fired him thy may be susceptible to lawsuit since he did technically report the incident.

But I agree he is spineless for not helping that boy

Guest lostpass

Today they were chattering about the second mile foundation being a way to pimp out little boys to rich donors. I don't know if that is true but this thing just keeps getting worse and worse.

Can't find the link but I read somewhere that McQueary ended up reporting Sandusky to the police, but they didn't pursue it. Under PA law, he can't be fired if he reported it to the police.

That said, they'll surely find a way to get rid of him, even if they have to reassign him until the new coaching fires him to bring in his own staff.

Assuming there is a football program in the future...

Guest lostpass
Can't find the link but I read somewhere that McQueary ended up reporting Sandusky to the police, but they didn't pursue it. Under PA law, he can't be fired if he reported it to the police.

That said, they'll surely find a way to get rid of him, even if they have to reassign him until the new coaching fires him to bring in his own staff.

Assuming there is a football program in the future...

They say that Penn State will still be one of the top 5 jobs in college football. Which is a notion I don't get, everyone was involved in this coverup but somehow the University is going to remain unscathed? If I were a decent coach (which I'm not. unless it's madden 96) I'd turn that job down faster than the volume knob at a college party when the police walk in. That place is toxic until proven otherwise.

reading the grand jury text- made me sick. McQueery shouldn't have any kind of coaching job if he couldn't bow up and stomp that child rapist Sandusky. McQueery was 28 years old and saw this... so he should have stood tall for that kid. This really ticks me off.

• Moderators

I don't understand how the first person McQueary called was his dad. What I really don't understand is how he didn't step in and beat Sandusky to death after walking in on that. I seriously doubt my ability to maintain composure and keep from killing someone I witnessed raping a child. I would venture to say that McQueary's coaching career is done.

It'll be interesting to see how far up it goes. Some of the ones doing the firing may have their hands soiled also and this just a chest match to see who can save their own ass. but as usual no telling how deep the cover up goes maybe even local government or law enforcement. We all know how much big money is in college athletics.

Just as I'm typing this I'm hearing Renaldo (not a big fan) on Fox news saying the football program brings in $50 million a year at Penn stat and this is all about money.

If something like this were to happen at UT (heaven forbid) wouldn't you have to wonder how many UT officials and DONORS would know you can't keep this kind of stuff quiet among this type of EGOS. Now take the fact Jo Pa had been there 84 years

Edited by laktrash
reading the grand jury text- made me sick. McQueery shouldn't have any kind of coaching job if he couldn't bow up and stomp that child rapist Sandusky. McQueery was 28 years old and saw this... so he should have stood tall for that kid. This really ticks me off.

While I agree, he grew up with John Sandusky (Sandusky's son) so there's a chance McQueary was also a Sandusky victim, in which case any sort of 'odd' response could be understood.