Elk River Longrifles

We are a muzzleloading/black powder club, NMLRA affiliated, & we meet & shoot the second Saturday of every month, between Tullahoma & Estill Springs (just off of AEDC)

Anyone who shoots, or is interested in shooting, muzzleloaders, black powder or BPCR is more than welcome to come along & have a shoot. We have our own private 100yd range that is open 7 days a week to members ($40 per year)

Guest are always welcome to our monthly shoots, at a cost of 50c per target shot (You can shoot all day long on 1 target, if you like!)

We have a vast array of traditional front-stuffers/BPCRs that 99% of members would be happy to let you try out. So even if you don't actually own a muzzleloader, you can still enjoy a day at the range!

If anyone is at all interested, you are more than welcome to call me at (931)581-5350 Let me know what you are interested in & I'll make sure there is a suitable firearm there for your use. We have only a few members (31 I think) but between us, I believe there are more than 300 flintlocks, caplocks, mule-ears, underhammers, Shiloh Sharps, High-Walls, Cimmarrons, Ubertis, Ballards, Colts, Winchesters etc..... Basically, if it is patterned on something built before 1900, (or actually built before 1900!) chances are one of us has one!

Edited by robtattoo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. The only centerfires allowed are BPCR rifles (Sharps, High Walls, Springfields, Whelans etc...) Sorry! The guy that owns the land has put out that restriction. Most club memners would love to shoot our 'modern' rifles there too :) It's a stupid rule, to be honest. No-one would bat an eyelid if I turned up with a .45-120, but even a small caliber 'modern' gun is a no-no.