My next handgun...

charlessummers

Thimking about another handgun and can't decide what I want to do...

I want to replace the Single Six that I sold years ago, but the prices of those have me thinking that I can also buy an LCR, which I've been wanting... or for about the same price I can get the SR9c which would be a better range gun and still be concealable.

I've heard a lot of good things about the LCR and I like the .38 special ammo which I usually keep on hand. The SR9c seem to have issues... but I've also heard a lot of people saying they've had no problems with it. Plus, I usually keep a lot of 9mm on hand too.

Between the choices of the LCR and SR9c... what would you choose and why?

I have the LC9 and the LCP for carry... and would expect that I could use either of the above handguns for carry as well. I'm leaning heavily on the LCR as I like revolvers...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you like revolvers and already have a carry gun....have you thought about a Ruger SP101 in 22lr. Not great for carry, but would make a heck of a fun range gun

But of the 2 you mentioned I would go with the SR9. It would be cheaper to shoot (unless you reload) and the recoil on the LCR might make it a little tough for extended range

Since you already have an Lc9 and LCP I'd suggest you consider an SP101 or a 3" GP-100 instead of the LCR so that you have a more comfortable handgun for shooting. You'll then have a very robust revolver you can easily run +p+ or .357 Magnum round's through as often as you like and also use it to work on your revolver shooting skill's.

Add to the list of handguns that I have a .38 S&W model 10 which is an incredible revolver that we all love to shoot and is more accurate that I'll ever be. I can't carry that very well, so it's primarily a range gun. I've also got a Beretta Neos .22, and a Ruger MkIII .22... so other than the Single Six, I'm not looking for any more .22 calibers.

I haven't thought about a .357 mainly because I didn't want to stock any more ammo. Silly me also forgot that I could shoot .38spl out one too. My last .357 was a great shooter... even though it was a Taurus ;). (Nothing wrong with Taurus... I just prefer Ruger.) I loved the recoil and power of that handgun!

Guest dubaholic2

between the sr9c and the lcr i would pick the sr9c. way cheaper to shoot than the lcr and i like the fact that you get the short mag for carry and the fullsize for range shooting. the sr9 is a feature packed pistol for the price, and are pretty well made firearms. not to mention they're cheaper than the lcr. just my opinion on the matter.