E-mail regarding Obama

Guest Steelharp

There is exactly zero science or proof that science can come from embryonic stem cells. However, great advancements have been made using the many other resources of stem cells. The embryonic issue is really a ploy to find a market for abortion research thus ensuring the abortion issue. Not to get that whole issue going, but that is really what the so called "stem" cell issue is about. I have no problem with current stem cell research, but the wanting government to buy aborted babies for "research" that is unecessary is troubling.

Being very polite, I wonder where you got that.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being very polite, I wonder where you got that.

Your right, it is impossible to prove a negative. That being said, I challenge anyone to show hard evidence of embryonic stem cell research being used in any positive test. The so called "potential" miracle that might be found is about as good science as Al Gore's global warming science.

However, there is plenty of alternatives and sources of stem cells that have nothing to do with embryonic cells. Consequently they have been used in numerous positive treatments and therapies. Currently they are being used in some cancer treatments as well as Hodgekins. As a right wing, religious, anti-abortion, zealot :mad: I fully support this research. The sources at the bottom of the Wikipedia source is a good resource. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_cell_controversy :D

A lot has happened in the past couple of years in non-embryonic stem cell research Yes...I am a science nerd. At the time stem cell research was suggested, embryonic research looked like the way to go. It still may be.

But I think we, as a public, want to see the results of stem cell research - non-embryonic or embryonic. We want fewer birth defects and disease cures. Bush just set us back a few years and convinced me to never vote for a another politician who flaunts his religiousness. After Carter and Bush, I think a lot of us have learned.

I'm sorry but this idea that the pro-abortionists advocated stem sell research because it would advance their agenda is just idiotic. This is the sort of thing that makes people discount the views of religious people.

Guest slothful1
Yeah, but if they are going to extort money from us (hint: they are) I''d like to see the money going to medical research with tremendous potential. I'll bet you wouldn't have a problem with them extorting money to teach mindless garbage like "Creation Science."

You'd lose that bet. And I wonder why you'd even suspect such...

Guest slothful1
I'm sorry but this idea that the pro-abortionists advocated stem sell research because it would advance their agenda is just idiotic.

That's right, because no political activists would ever stoop to promoting something that would tend to turn public opinion in their favor.

:cheers: