My Expierence Today...

dbla

I posted a similar thread regarding their attitude and prices a year or two ago and the members here ripped me a new one. But I guess some people are getting it now.

The way 99% of gun shops operate, I expect the poor treatment.

The prices at the Outpost are what is positively laughable.

I was actually asked to unload my firearm once I stepped out of my car and went into my trunk. The lady there, I think the owners wife came to the door and asked me to unload my weapon, she saw it on my side. Another buddy of mine went there and he unloaded his weapon outside for a holster fitting and once he got the holster he tried to charge his weapon inside the store and they stopped him which I think is ridiculous. The owner told my buddy he uncharges his weapon at home pointed at a bucket of sand which is hilarious. Keep your finger off the trigger people! :)

The one and only time I had a LEO interaction in Crossville while doing a TGO trade LMAO, the officer removed my weapon and didn't even uncharge it which is funny that a civilian would ask me to do it. Long story short, I dont unload for no one. G&L let me unload and reload in the store when I was picking up another holster. D&T asked me to step outside to reload. I guess some people are paranoid.

I have bought a TON of accessories from The Outpost. I have always had great service and I like the fact that the salespeople behind the counter always say hello and ask if I there is anything they can help me with. They always seem to have enough people working to cover the amount of customers in the store and have a pretty good selection. I also have had good service from G&L (both locations).

They better make time or hand the phone to someone that will. I live in Murfreesboro and have never been able to buy a gun at the Outpost or On-Target. I have to travel 60 miles North to G&L at Greenbrier to buy “locally”. But I’m not a “looker”, I’m a buyer and already have my mind made up before I get there. I wouldn’t think of making the drive without calling to make sure they have what I want, and they have always checked to see.

I’ve about given up on buying locally and the last few I have bought from Buds or CDNN.

Based on the way they do business; they must really be selling a lot, so I don’t guess we need to worry about losing local shops. :(

I'm the same ... I usually buy all my ammo online or at Walmart...and guns on-line... I haven't been to outpost in a fee years ... There prices are out ragious ... So is ontarget ... It's painful for me to even go shoot there unless I bring a friend to split the cost ... I get my firearms shipped to the saddle shop in Triune ... They are really good people to deal with and don't have issues sending there FFL to people... Plus its only 20 bucks unlike ontarget and outpost that charge 50 ... Do they think there the only gun store or something ? I can wait till Walmart starts selling hand guns and see what there prices do... Ontarget already dropped the price of a few rifles due to Walmart ... Buds has got to have everyone beat ... How can you go wrong with free shipping and just paying an FFL transfer... Maybe I should go in their this weekend and see if they will beat there price in a gun... If they did I guess I'd be forced to buy it :) these businesses need to get on the ball and get better pricing if they want my money

I'm fine with paying a 20-30$ premium to hand cash over to my local shop. But if it's 50$+ I just gotta make the numbers work. Sometimes that's Bud's sometimes it's not. When I bought my Metro Arms 1911 the price difference was over $100. I bought that online. My new glock, I think it was 20$, and at G&L they give you a free range pass (15$ value). I'll take that all day long.

D&T asked me to step outside to reload. I guess some people are paranoid.

The reason we do this is all about safety. When a customer comes in to our store and wants to fit a gun to a holster or trade a gun they are carrying, we always ask them to clear the firearm outside. There are a number of reasons, but here are just a few.

- SAFETY FIRST!!

- We do not know what an individuals level of training is. It is amazing how many people we see handle a firearm (and they claim that they own quite a few firearms) and the first thing they do is put their finger on the trigger.

- We truely believe that if someone has a HCP that they carry. But we ask that when in our store that carry guns stay in the holster. We have seen people walk into the store, pull a gun from a holster (point it at the sales person) and ask if we have something for it. They honestly don't think about what they are doing.

If someone is looking for a holster or accessories for a handgun that we have in the case, we will gladly get our gun out of the case to fit things for them.

We are sorry if our policy offends, but we are thinking about our safety and the safety of our customers.

Sorry about this thread going off topic, but thought I would clarify.

Edited by Retired Navy GMC
  • Like 1

I agree with D&T's policy on their rules. It did not bother me that they asked me it only bothered me that Lebanon Gun Shop asked me for no reason before I came in. I can see where a gun shop comes from on this issue and I will continue to go to D&T for my needs. It was the first time it happened to me. One of your associates wanted to see my pistol I had and he didn't want me to reload because of the recent pawn shop shooting. Either way i understand their stance.

I'm fine with paying a 20-30$ premium to hand cash over to my local shop. But if it's 50$+ I just gotta make the numbers work. Sometimes that's Bud's sometimes it's not. When I bought my Metro Arms 1911 the price difference was over $100. I bought that online. My new glock, I think it was 20$, and at G&L they give you a free range pass (15$ value). I'll take that all day long.

+1

Guest BobPayne44
i'm surprised the OutPost has not chimed in by now.

probably being here like they are in their store they don't care and that's there problem.

Guest carter

Ha outpost is probably too busy counting there Benjamin's they get from the government... they probably train there staff to prey on the non gun savy people that come in so they can get there hand in there wallet... Anyone ever eat there? Wandering if the restaurant is serving piss poor food at Ruth's Chris prices... The only thing I've ever bought there was a grip plug for my G19... I'm going to Whitts BBQ for lunch I might venture down there just see what's going on... Haven't been in a few years ... I'll report back :D

Guest carter

UPDATE... so the resturant isn't there anymore...been replaced with a reloaders section... the staff was really friendly and kept asking me if i needed any help with anything... i asked to look at a few 1911 springfields... the prices are high...but a few deals can be had there... there was a ruger alaskan for 799... used glock 23 for 475... the p238's where outragious... but over all the gun prices looked about standered for gun stores in the area... they did have 30rnd p-mags for 12.99... i think there colt new agent was priced better than budsgunshop... overall i had a good time there for not buying a single thing... and was treated like a customer... I guess you have to go there on a weekday during lunch time... and not before a holliday or a weekend where everyone and there mother is there...

I live not too far from Outpost and go in occasionally. Since I pass by there most days, I try to only stop in when there are few cars in the parking lot and they don't look busy. I have not bought a firearm there, but I have bought holsters, a few accessories, some ammo and lately reloading supplies. Customer service for the accessories and holsters has been great and service in the reloading area was even better. They will likely get whatever reloading business Midway does not get from me.

There has been a time or two that I wanted to look at a handgun and it was difficult to flag down a customer service rep because that area of the store was a little crowded, but I chalked that up to just being a busy day for them. I do see some pretty good prices on used guns in there occasionally.

I have not made it up to D&T or G&L yet, but hope to do so soon. I seem to come down with .45 fever every now and then and I am thinking there may only be one permanent cure for that....

Guest nicemac
I seem to come down with .45 fever every now and then and I am thinking there may only be one permanent cure for that....

If you have a fever…the only prescription is…

MORE COWBELL!

Guest nicemac
probably being here like they are in their store they don't care and that's there problem.

That's the impression I got in my two trips there. Both times it was bad. They (acted like they) truly had no interest in me buying anything, so I didn't. One time, OK - a fluke. Twice -sorry, they don't get third chance.