Affordable scope for Mosin? i.e. pistol scope, etc

Looking forward to your report.

Is there some trick I am missing to getting the bayonett off? I fully depressed the button behind the "blade" portion, but can't get the whole thing to twist around the barrel.

Thanks

on my 91/30s i push the bayonett downward towards the butt of the gun. spin it 90 degrees to clear the sight post...and it comes right off.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from video: "Just to show you that some do not fit, I'm going to pull out one of my other bayonetts..." You just described mine :-) Thanks for the video.

I got it on, and I know I "can" get it off, it's just going to take more work than seems reasonable for a piece of military equipment.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
There was a gentleman at the RK Gun Show in Williamson Expo a few weeks ago that had a scope and mount combo that was right around $100 for the complete package. I didn't have the cash at the time, but I got his email address and he said if I emailed him he could drop ship one my way. Looked to be pretty solid and a good adjustable power scope. If I think of it, I'll grab his card tonight and PM it to you. He could probably give you pictures and good information. The show's in the 'boro this weekend and I'll be going with cash in hand. If he's there, I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it once installed.

I got my mount and AIM scope at the Knoxville, Tn RK show as a package deal. Tried it several times but every time it came loose after about 5 rounds. I just followed this link and modified the mount. http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.com/early.html# It should work.

• 2 weeks later...