Help identifying trigger markings

tomthumb_KTM

Help identifying trigger markings.

I have Noveske AR15 that I purchased a couple of months ago used. I noticed when I first got it that the trigger assembly has some engrave makings on it. I figured I would run across what the marking's represented given time with me lurking on the forums. I have read a lot about triggers and have yet to come across what these markings could be.

On the hammer the engraving appears to read “MP06†or it could be MPD6. The trigger is brown anodized and has a “G†on it in the molding.

I believe it is a two stage trigger, but not certain because I am a newb.

Thanks,

Tom

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can post a picture of the inside of your receiver it would be easy to tell if it is a single or a two stage.

These are how a basic two stage looks:

AR-15 GENERATION II DROP-IN TRIGGER - Brownells#

AR-15 NATIONAL MATCH 2-STAGE TRIGGER - Brownells

And this is a single stage:

http://www.ar15news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/LWRCI-Enhanced-Fire-Control-Group-.jpg

Dolomite

I'm confused as to why you're running a vertical and an angled front grip.

I actually did the same thing for a while. It gave me more options and let me choose the grip I wanted for what I was doing. My VFG was a bt farther back but my AFG was as far out as I could comfortably reach it.

I like them both but in the end I found myself using the VFG 90% of the time so I removed the AFG.

BTW OP, that is a nice looking rig you have there.

Dolomite

Mike, Thanks for the link. I wanted to know what it was before I dove into it. Do you have any clue to what the engraving represents?

I'm confused as to why you're running a vertical and an angled front grip.

I knew someone would make a remark about how I set it up. It's that way because its my rifle and that's the way I like it. :D I use the front angle when using a building post or wall and as a stop and the vertical grip as a grip. At first I was swapping them back and forth and just decided to leave both on there because the angle needs to be up more forward and the grip closer.

Edited by tomthumb_KTM
Mike, Thanks for the link. I wanted to know what it was before I dove into it. Do you have any clue to what the engraving represents?

I don't know. I just looked at two of mine, and there are no marks. It could just be an older one that was made before they started laser engraving the sides, or they could be Noveske marks. You can always email Geissele and ask.

Mike,

I'll call Noveske next week. Thanks for the input.

Jon,

Thank for the compliment. Yes, this is my first AR. Not my first rifle. My first rifle was a 22 single shot from Sears in 1975 and have had many since.

I've added a few things like the rail covers the grips and the scope. I am a lefty so I also put an ambi mag release and bolt release. The ambi charge handle I want to try is on back order and has been for awhile.

Tom