Puma 22LR with Drum Mag

Bosgarage57

Anyone heard of the brand Puma? What im looking for is a 22lr rifle that has more round capacity than my trusty ole Marlin 60. The coolest one I've seen is the Puma PPS22WC50 with a 50 round drum mag. Any other suggestions in the sub 400 range? Ive seen the AR15 types and the ruger 10/22. I like the rugers, as if I get bored I can get all kinda of different stocks and what not. But they are kinda pricey (the ones I've seen) Then I have to buy the extended mags. Also it seems like the drum on the Puma sits tighter/lower/closer to the gun itself.

Here the link is at Buds, I've found it cheaper online though:

Puma 50 + 1 22 Long Rifle w/Black Synthetic Stock $544.00 SHIPS FREE

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one so bad, but I can't bring myself to buy one.

They have horrible reviews, are supposedly completely unreliable and utterly worthless as anything other than a picky range toy.

But I still want one so bad I can't see straight.

I bought a Ruger 10/22 and lots of mags.

The Ruger is a much better value with a proven record.

You can get a Ruger 10/22 from Wal-Mart, Academy, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain and probably most smaller dealers at the $200 mark.

If you intend to tinker on it, as I do, there is no reason to buy anything more than the basic cheap carbine. However they come in over a dozen flavors. They start at $200 and go up from there.

Guest dubaholic2

i just traded my archangel off last week. it was a blast to shoot, but i wanted something different. im looking for another cheap 10/22 to play with now though.

So I stopped by JFloyds, they have a puma in stock, after handling the Colt 22lr rifle the Pump felt Tiny and light, I really liked it, it sighted well. Im just worried about customer support and functionality, I think it was pricced at $399. I believe I'll go to Wally world and check out the 10/22s. Is there a big difference between 10/22s? I know some come with heavier barrels and the such. I just want a cheap one, so i can get a different stock with it. Any suggestions? Thought about checking out academy sports in knoxville as well.

True, is there a big difference from the 10/22's different barrel lengths. I notice you can buy a heavy barrel as well. I like the arch angel stock, but really love the bull pup. I might go to Wallyworld and look at the 10/22's then!

So something along the lines of this?

Wix.com bullpup stock created by jbunting based on Country Diner

BuntingBullpup.jpg

You can read the guys thread here. He has been constantly improving the design for a year and a half now.

Machined bullpup stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums