Choosing CCW

TeamJackson

SR9c in Black, with Galloway Precision's CCW trigger Kit, checkered stainless steel guide rod, Aluminum Striker Indicator, with Ramora 6ART holster works for me.. :) also don't forget the kay-bar TDI knife just incase. Shot well over a thousand rounds using the cheapest russian made steel case ammo for practice worked great, as for my defensive rounds, speer gold dot 115 grain hollow points.

_H6U3006.jpg

_H6U3468.jpg_H6U3497.jpg

_H6U2986.jpg_H6U2983.jpg_H6U2980.jpg

Edited by cgpeanut
  • Like 1
Guest 357 Mag

I would bet on my life using a Ruger or Springfield first, before opting for a Taurus or Bersa. Seems like most the folks that replied here feel similar. You can't argue with numbers!

I will throw in the berettas as well. I have both a px4 subcompact and nano. Both of which are excellent though as said, px is very fat for its size. The nano is glock like and not acceptable for you as noted (no safety). Bersas are fine guns for the money, they remind me of my makarov (at least their 380 lineup does). I also love my cz rami. Of all this stuff, I would rank the rami as #1. The rami and cz designs are sort of unique as, to my knowledge, they (and the copies of them, EAA an so on) are double action guns that can be carried cocked and locked, or hammer down, basically you can carry it any way you feel comfortable, then at home drop the hammer an jack on the safety to keep little hands safe.

I have had an XDm 9mm for quite a while and looked around quite a bit for something smaller to carry. I ended deciding I wanted a similar feel/layout to my Xdm so I did not have to worry about different safeties, trigger feel, etc. between my pistols. So ended up getting an XDm Compact 9mm. Conceals OK IWB, the short grip really helps. Would have liked a little thinner but love the capacity and the fact that the feel/layout is near identical to my XDm other than the grip length.

And the day I bought that the XDs was announced, grrrr. XDs is only in .45 now but rumors are that .40 and 9mm will not be far behind. If you can wait a while you might want to delay until you can check out one of those. http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/67874-new-xds.html

Have heard tons of good reports on the Bersa. One thing I have learned is ...A pistol needs to be really small and light or you will find yourself without it much of the time. And my rule number one is "have a gun" at ALL times. If you can conceal and comfortably carry a larger pistol and want one then go for it. Just be honest about if you will actually carry the larger gun or not.

Good luck

I have a Springfield 4" XD but looking for smaller CCW. Here are the guns I am looking at:

Ruger SR9c (or 40c)

Xd 3" subcompact

Taurus 709 Slim

Taurus Millinium PT111 Pro

Bersa BP9CC

Thoughts?

SRc = excellent

XD 3"= excellent

Taurus...wont touch em personally but the 2 you mention do have a good rep

resale value of Taurus makes a grown man cry

Bersa,last one I shot was really off target,wont touch one

Also,IMO u need to look into plenty of others

CZ ,Glock 26/27,.............

Me , my ccw of choice is a S&W revolver :D

I had an XD9sc and replaced it with a G 27 and have never seen a reason to look back. I also had an XD45c and replaced it with a G 30SF. If you are looking for something smaller than that. Your best bet is the Kaht CM9. It is a really great deal for the money and high quality and very concealable. It is my" Florida Vacation Special".