FBI targets "sovereign citizens"

TMF

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-warns-threat-anti-government-extremists-002134829.html

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-focused-sovereign-citizen-extremists-215712957.html

I'm not a tin-foil hat guy, but it seems the only legitimate cases that were cited by the FBI were 2 shootings since 2010. Seems hardly something that requires a national strategy and such attention from the FBI, especially since the "extremist views" mentioned in the article was simply that these folks don't believe in paying taxes and that the Government is broke.

I honestly don't know much about the organization of these folks, but it just doesn't seem like something that warrants that much attention from the media and law enforcement.

Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

It seems to me to just be some more spin to take attention away from the real issues that we face. I honestly doubt that these people are really much of a threat to our national security.

Typical DC tactics.

It seems to me to just be some more spin to take attention away from the real issues that we face. I honestly doubt that these people are really much of a threat to our national security.

Typical DC tactics.

Yep, and I'm SO sick of it. They have enough folks focused on the shell game that it will never get better.

I know a guy that fits this description. I have not seen him in years. He was OK for the most part but you could get him riled up when you got him talking about the fed. From what he said he was not paying taxes when I was around him and I guess he still is not. If he is what the feds are worried about then we got it made. He was prior servoce but it was amazing other than an M-16 I dont think he had ever held another weapon much less owned one.

Guest Lester Weevils

From the article--

Legal convictions of such extremists, mostly for white-collar crimes such as fraud, have increased from 10 in 2009 to 18 each in 2010 and 2011, FBI agents said.

If this alarming trend continues, then by the year 2022 the odds of a "Sovereign Citizen" being convicted of a white collar crime, might rival the odds of being struck by lightning! Very frightening indeed!

Sounds like more MIAC carp--

http://constitution....egic-report.pdf

The only question is whether these dangerous tax evaders are capable of bringing down civilization sooner than it will otherwise inevitably fall because of un-controlled girlscout cookie racketeers and rampant unlicensed lemonade stands.

The group is a fringe organization that does have some history of violence against law enforcement. Their most common crimes are related to not paying taxes and refusal to abide by laws they feel are illegal. I'm not under the impression that they are a significant threat to national security. I would think that the anarchists who you are seeing as part of the Occupy movement are the real threat. Sovereign Citizens generally want to be left alone. Anarchists are actively trying to collapse the system.

Lester and others are pretty much on target, it think. This is just more spin and propoganda to take attention away from a "real problem". The FBI is just like every other arm of government; they are headed at the top by poilitical operatives and operative wannabees. I wonder why they aint watchin the border where some hostile operatives might be packin a suitcase nuke?

leroy

Guest Lester Weevils

I've never paid much attention to the Montana Freemen dust-up a few years ago, but it sounds like those guys might have been more "sovereign citizen" nutcases than any other niche?

It looks like another layer of people might have been added to the group of

terrorists known as "right winged extremists" to muddy the water further.

These people have been around for years, and I would agree with ET's and

Leroy's assessment. That, however, wouldn't stop a political notion by a certain

political party currently in "power" to make life more miserable for us peons.