Anyone have any experience with this can? Pros? Cons? I found one for $825 and am seriously thinking about making the purchase/filling my form 4 this weekend.

As a side note-Have any of you used a larger caliber can on a smaller caliber firearm? I intend to get the .45 can and use it on my 9mm as well.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the tirant but most pistol caliber cans have interchangeable pistons for the different calibers. Find out if you can put a 9mm piston in the tirant45.

Are you buying from an individual in town or a shop or online or what? If you aren't buying from an individual in town or a shop, then you are a bit premature in filling out the form 4.

I don't know about the tirant but most pistol caliber cans have interchangeable pistons for the different calibers. Find out if you can put a 9mm piston in the tirant45.

Are you buying from an individual in town or a shop or online or what? If you aren't buying from an individual in town or a shop, then you are a bit premature in filling out the form 4.

I will investigate the piston you speak of. I will be purchasing from a shop in central AR where I am from.

What is your permanent address? If you live in Cordova, you will have to have the can transferred (Form 3) to a dealer in TN and then a Form 4 transfer after that.

Here is a link where you can order pistons threaded for 9mm use.

http://www.advanced-...pid=603#pid=724

My permanent address is AR...Im here for a semester finishing my doctorate. I was concerned about that as well and called the ATF to confirm that my paperwork would NOT get declined.

Thanks for the link.

Well I went for it and purchased the tirant last weekend. Now Im in the process of getting my paperwork lined out. I asked the guy if it was user serviceable and he said it was. He said it comes with a tool that fits in notches on the endcap which unscrews. Im pretty excited but now the wait begins.