Remington-Rand 1911A1 pricing question.

Guest bkelm18

Guest bkelm18

My dad wants to sell his Remington-Rand 1911A1 (production year 1944), its still in pretty good shape, all original parts, still shoots like a champ. Just curious as to what the going rate for this things are. I'd hate for him to sell it, but he's not a gun person and doesn't want it around the house with the grandkids and such. Thanks.

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmph, I told him $500-$1000. Guess I need to research a bit more.

It's kinda hard to tell the exact condition from your pictures, but it looks in much better shape than some of them on GB. Like I said, I'd probably start a bit high. You can always wheel and deal from there.

If I had the money, I'd take it off his hands.

Guest bkelm18

It's in good shape. Just needs to be cleaned a bit. The finish looks pretty much like you'd expect from a 64 year old gun. Rough but not rusting.

Guest gcrookston

depends upon condition... can't really tell by the photos. original? or rebuilt? wide spread on pricing. Between $700 and $1,700.00 IMHO

Guest bkelm18
depends upon condition... can't really tell by the photos. original? or rebuilt? wide spread on pricing. Between $700 and $1,700.00 IMHO

All original parts.

Guest db99wj
Suggest that he bequeath it to you. Tell him you'll even get it a safety deposit box or good lock if it will make him feel better.

+11ty billion.

Guest gcrookston
All original parts.

then it's a pos, I'll take it off your hands for $5.00.

If it's missed an arsenal rebuild, it will fetch $1,100 - 2,000 depending on condition.

However, if it's been through an arsena rebuild, cut those prices in half. And, if it's been through a rebuild and had appropriate parts put back again, then it's worth even less...

PM Me with full details of your pistol and I can give you full details of value. I will need good detailed photos of your left frame and complete Serial Number. I have the data books.

Edited by gcrookston
Guest bkelm18
then it's a pos, I'll take it off your hands for $5.00.

If it's missed an arsenal rebuild, it will fetch $1,100 - 2,000 depending on condition.

However, if it's been through an arsena rebuild, cut those prices in half. And, if it's been through a rebuild and had appropriate parts put back again, then it's worth even less...

PM Me with full details of your pistol and I can give you full details of value. I will need good detailed photos of your left frame and complete Serial Number. I have the data books.

Is that the only way to tell if it's been through an arsenal rebuild is by looking up the serial number? As far as I know it hasn't. I believe it's been in family possession since WW2.

Guest gcrookston
Is that the only way to tell if it's been through an arsenal rebuild is by looking up the serial number? As far as I know it hasn't. I believe it's been in family possession since WW2.

a good close look at the left and right of the frame will tell if it's been through a rebuild. Ser# (you can delete the last 2 digits), will allow me to look up when it was made. Then I can address things like the grips, hammer spur, etc, as there were some changes during manufacture. Many of these parts were swapped out during the course of life, due to field replacement.

I've done business with OnTarget, The Rabbi, Guns&Leather and Hero Gear. I'm not trying to screw you here. I'll give you an honest and informed evaluation and just may make you an offer.

and yes, I could be a player for it or could hook you up with a top dollar buyer. (in a former life, I collected these and 1911a1 Ithicas and 1912-1914 Colts and Springfields). Below is Ser# 24212, in the center of the picture. A Colt in the 2nd delivery to the Army in the spring of 1912. All the guns in this picture, except for the 1917 Colt, helped pay for medical

Edited by gcrookston
Guest m14man

i have a friend who is very interested in buying a orginal 1911a1 so if either of you want to send me a price on one for sale he very well may buy one.

Guest gcrookston

From the information I was provided via PM, it appears to be a rightous piece. Of course, I'd have to physically examine the pistol to be 100% certain, but it sounds like a nice one.

It's worth what you can get for it.

I sold a 1943 Remington-Rand about four years ago for $700. I bought it a year before for $500. My guess would be around $1000+ right now.

It's neat to have a real military 1911, but to be honest they are often picky about having the lube right if you are going to shoot it. They weren't called Jam-O-Matics for nothing.