Kindle Fire login problems

My wife cannot log in using her Kindle Fire.

When she hits the login button another box opens up in the top/middle of the screen. The box is green with a blue question mark in it or 3 flashing boxes (as if waiting for something). When she hits the green box it disappears. If she is able to hit the green box it moves login button or the login button it moves the screen to the bottom of the page.

There is no login dialogue box.

Dolomite

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we have it figured out.

If anyone else has problems logging in just open the login screen in a new window. This prevents the login dialogue box. We are where we need to be now but she forgot her password now :)

I suspect thsi will work for otehr platforms with loggin problems because of the login dialogue box.

Thanks for the quick response David.

Dolomite

• Administrator

It didn't take much searching to find another person reporting this problem on IPB's support site. Seems to be particular to the Kindle Fire and also seems to be particular to the login dialogue box. I'm going to make sure it is reported as a bug to the developers rather than just be lost in a thread like that.

Guest A10thunderbolt

My kindle fire wont let me respond to posts. I don't know if its the kindle or TGO. I can read them but when the time comes to type the cursor wont show up in the box.

• Administrator

Have you guys scrolled to the bottom of the page and tried using the "Change Theme" option to switch over to the Mobile theme? That might work better for you for the time being.

Honestly this is one of the things I hate about Android devices. There are so many flavors of them and each one is uniquely tweaked by its respective vendor that it's not as easy as supporting a closed ecosystem like the iPhone or iPad. It's worse even than Windows or Mac since I can generally emulate a problem by loading up the same web browser, but not so when it's a mobile platform.