Mossberg Foldover Stock

Guest mw.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/products.aspx?category=13&page=1&id=87

^^^ATI top folding stock^^^

I'm looking for feedback on this stock or suggestions on others to turn my Mossberg 500a into something that would be a little more "friendly" to use for home protection.

It currently has a 28" barrel with a full choke and wood furniture and is 48" overall.

I am planning on one of the 18.5" barrels also.

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hooker

Anyone have any input on a foldover stock for a mossberg 500? I like the looks of the ATI top folding stock. Was wondering if anyone had one and could list the pros and cons.

Guest darkstar

I have an ATI on my Mossberg, along with the 18.5 barrel (with heat shield). It came like that. I'm pretty happy with it...I like having the 5 extra rounds right there on the stock. and it fits me perfect. Easy to throw up and point and rack, etc etc....

Try one out, and definately get the 18.5 inch barrel for home defense. It will be easier to use in closer quarters.

I've currently got one of these (never used it though). It's actually StrickJ's but it hasn't made it to him yet...

But, from what I can tell from feeling it seperate from a gun, it is flexible enough to probably absorb alot of recoil, but I'd be hesitant to rest my cheek on it when shooting... it might leave a mark. It's good quality though, and would be very useful on a vehicle gun, for instance. But don't expect to be able to bash anything in with it.

I like the looks of the Houge or Pachmayr grips but the idea of being able to shoulder it if nessecary seems good. I thought about keeping the wood on it if I did need to use it for a club but being able to tuck it away outof sight easier seems to make more sence to me. I'll be heading down to Hero Gear to see what they have, just wanted to hear what some of you had to say. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Tanners Sports has 18.5" Factory Mossberg 500 barrels with fiber sight for $60+ship Check them out for that item...blowout price and great people to deal with. Hero Gear has a really really nice Tactical Mossberg with ATI m4 stock, heat shields, side saddle, and pistol grip for like $399.00

One thing I'd be aware of is that ATI stocks are not for any type of durable use. If it's gonna be a sit around occassionally shoot, HD type gun you'd be fine. Just don't expect to get alot of mileage out of it. I've seen more than a couple break due to people trying to work them hard, i.e shoot them a bunch.

Tanners Sports has 18.5" Factory Mossberg 500 barrels with fiber sight for $60+ship Check them out for that item...blowout price and great people to deal with. Hero Gear has a really really nice Tactical Mossberg with ATI m4 stock, heat shields, side saddle, and pistol grip for like $399.00

I got one from Hero Gear used when they had their sale.

One thing I'd be aware of is that ATI stocks are not for any type of durable use. If it's gonna be a sit around occassionally shoot, HD type gun you'd be fine. Just don't expect to get alot of mileage out of it. I've seen more than a couple break due to people trying to work them hard, i.e shoot them a bunch.

Yea, I liked at some of the ATI stuff today at the gun show and wasn't impressed. I think it was Choate that had a nice one but it was like $170. Still haven't decided since I probly won't shoot it much.

Thanks guys.