Game of Thrones

The Mountain and The Hound play fairly major roles in the rest of the books, but in the second person. (People talking about them and their exploits mostly.) I've read all the books. Huge fan of the series.

First season stuck nearly word for word with the book. Second series is starting out lacking a bit of that... you're never told who Shireen or Melisandre are... they just pick up several pages in.

Tyrion is awesome, especially with the guy playing him. If you can stomach it, watch "In Bruges." He plays a midget actor on-set for a film they are making. He's hilarious.

In the world of fandom, Arya seems to be the go-to hero of the entire saga.

For what it's worth... I HATE that they are calling it "Game of Thrones, Season One and Two" It's Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones was book one, A Clash of Kings is book two. But, that's just the OCD literary geek in me showing through. The phrase "game of thrones" is only used 4 times in the entire series, by my recollection, but I guess it made a good catchy title. If they had picked a title by phrase usage, they would have used the word used to describe the male member that also happens to be a male chicken. The books are NOT SHY about sexuality. They seem to have actually toned it down for HBO!

Personally, I say if you have access to it, give it a shot. It's not for everyone, but I've enjoyed it greatly.

Mac

There's so much cool stuff about to happen that I can't stand it. I'm impressed with how close they're sticking to the story...so far. I guess having the author on staff helps.

They let us believe Ned was the main character through most of the 1st season and then killed him off. That should tell you that we're in for a bumpy ride!

I worry the budget is too high and the cast will age before the filming catches up, but I hope not. They already picked many actors/actresses way older than the characters in the books. I hope we don't wind up with a 30 year playing a teenager by the end.

I am loving the show also.

I just started reading the books and am very pleased with them too.

Not sure how far you've gotten in the books, but I'm curious to know if you are as impressed as I am how well the show and the book parallel each other. They followed the books closer than anything I've seen turned into a show/movie. Great stuff!

Ive read them all and watched up to this weeks episode, thanks internet. While the first season was pretty spot on Ive noticed a few things already with this season that go off track. I do not care for Sansa but most everyone else I enjoy. Don't get to attached to any of the characters though as no one is safe.

Ive read them all and watched up to this weeks episode, thanks internet. While the first season was pretty spot on Ive noticed a few things already with this season that go off track. I do not care for Sansa but most everyone else I enjoy. Don't get to attached to any of the characters though as no one is safe.

I learned that with Ned :rant: