My Newest Toy (motorcycle) is no more!

Smith

Well, on my way into the city today on my new bike and the unthinkable happened. A older driver in an Tahoe decided to take another road and crossed two lanes of traffic to make an illegal turn in an intersection. Well I guess you can imagine what happened. I was in the far left lane and got more or less t-boned. I've had the beauty for 3 1/2 weeks! :( Rabbi told me he wanted one, but everyone he knows never has them more than 6 mo's :rolleyes:!

The bike....well let's just say I hope the wife will let me get a new one.:popcorn: Me, Well, I'm blessed I went straight as the bike got knocked left from under me. All I came out with is a fractured ankle and road rash on my right side. I did get a pretty good impression of the rear cylinder on the inside of my calf as well.

No pics of the bike yet, but I will get some up!

For the fellow bikers out there, have fun and watch out for people who aren't paying attention and think laws and rules of the road have an exception for them.

As far as my new Walther P99, I happened to have it in my shoulder bag instead of my hip. Thankfully so, as that would have hurt a lot. I'm not sure the pain of it in my hip or it being messed up as well would have been more painful!:shrug:

Here's a before:

IMG_2363.jpg

Edited by Smith
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason F.

Yet to get hit by another motorist but I have laid mine down a couple times. I have had all three of mine longer than six months too. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully the insurance company will stick it to the guy and your other half will let you get a replacement.

Guest Boomhower

Sorry to hear about that man. I've not been able to get my bike out and about close to 2 yrs. now. Maybe one day this summer......Glad to hear that you are ok though.

Some weeks I spend a lot of time on the road. I see a lot of motorcycle riders do stupid stuff. Not that it has been insinuated here but it is not always the fault of four wheeled driver.

At least five times in the last year I have had them dang near drive under my truck. You know that International Diesel does not stop on a dime.

Just last week on Friday there was a guy on 640, not really dressed for cycle riding weaving in and out of traffic like a madman. It is a wonder he did not cause a wreck.

I saw him come up from behind me going from far left to far right and back again. By me doing 90 maybe weaving from one side to another. What an idiot.

whats funny is when I exited at Washington Pike and got up to the red light, he was one car ahead of me. kind of like tortoise and the hare.

Hate to hear about this brother. Glad your ok for the most part. You know when I laid my last bike down, that's what was able to help me get the one I've got now, that I do like a little better. So maybe it'll be blessing in disguise so to speak.

....and everyone out there remember....

Savealife.jpg

Edited by Fallguy

I hope he's got insurance as well. The paramedics got there pretty quick so I didn't get a chance to get any info. I was pretty much on the ground the whole time.

What I thought was interesting was the fireman went through my bag and nervously and discreetly came over and asked if I knew there was a gun in there and asked if I had a permit. I said yeah, and asked if he could get it to the officer. The motorcycle cop unloaded it and locked back the slide and put it back in my bag. At the hospital they were hardly concerned with it and told me I could hang on to it, so I kept it in the room with me. I was at Baptist. Don't know if they are posted or not, but they were pretty friendly!:confused:

Guest Jason F.

Any particular reason he was going though your bag? Did he ask permission and were you conscience the entire time? I guess if you sent him in there to retrieve a wallet or cell phone that was ok but otherwise I am not fully understanding why he would need to look in your bag.

I hope he's got insurance as well. The paramedics got there pretty quick so I didn't get a chance to get any info. I was pretty much on the ground the whole time.

What I thought was interesting was the fireman went through my bag and nervously and discreetly came over and asked if I knew there was a gun in there and asked if I had a permit. I said yeah, and asked if he could get it to the officer. The motorcycle cop unloaded it and locked back the slide and put it back in my bag. At the hospital they were hardly concerned with it and told me I could hang on to it, so I kept it in the room with me. I was at Baptist. Don't know if they are posted or not, but they were pretty friendly!:confused:

Just curious--Where did this happen?

Just be thankful you're not on a slab next to the truck driver they found dead in Franklin today. Must have had a heart attack while sleeping. Dunno.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Glad to hear you made it out OK. I've had a few cheek-clenching moments with other drivers, but nothing where I really thought I was about to be in trouble. They seem to happen just regularly enough to remind me to keep my SA up. Take your time, get healed, and I hope to see you back out on the road soon.

Any particular reason he was going though your bag? Did he ask permission and were you conscience the entire time? I guess if you sent him in there to retrieve a wallet or cell phone that was ok but otherwise I am not fully understanding why he would need to look in your bag.

I'm not sure. He was putting all my stuff together and I couldn't see around the crowd. My wallet was in my pocket and I told them so.

I was very conscious. I was fully aware the whole time. It must have looked pretty bad, cause there were a ton of folks trying to help. That was kinda nice that folks cared and annoying cause everyone was trying to tell me what to do!:confused:

Just curious--Where did this happen?

Just be thankful you're not on a slab next to the truck driver they found dead in Franklin today. Must have had a heart attack while sleeping. Dunno.

I was heading north on 2nd Ave. Heading into downtown. It is three lanes, one way. I was in the left and he was in the center lane. As we went through the green light at Lafeyette/Murfeesboro Rd. He slowed and as i got the front of my bike past his bumper is when he decided to turn. Caught me at the rear of the gas tank with the front left of his bumper.

How did he not nip your leg?

Actually, I think that's how my ankle was broke. I think it was sandwiched between his bumper and my bike. I also have a pretty good burn imprint from the rear cylinder fins on my calf.

Guest db99wj

Dang, glad you are somewhat ok.

I don't ride, but my brother does...in Nashville.

I wouldn't ride in Memphis. I'm nervous in my Jeep with these fools on the road here!