TAVOR, demand it!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint
I need to get a bunch of people to want one to show some companies that there is a demand. Keep it up fellas. I need alot of people. Come on raise those hands and stop jibbering like a politician in the hot seat. TY people.

You'll need a lot more than the TGO community, if you're going to petition a larger company to reproduce/import them stateside. Not saying starting here isn't a good thing... but you definitely need volume to drive such an endeavor. On any other sites polling/tracking this?

Is that the same bald ex-seal who made the comment that the 7.62 X 39 was the same as our 7.62X51.

The same bald ex-seal who puts his fingers all over triggers when he holds guns?

The same bald ex-seal who rates bullet effectiveness based on how well they knock down steel plates?

:D

I have never fired the weapon or seen one for that matter and I have never been in the Seals but I do know of a couple of guys in the "special forces" that are actually just Arabic translators, but the are 'special forces' guys.

I hope he is just reading the cue cards.....

yep, the very same! i remember the show where they were testing the dragon skin armor and he kept refering to the "7.62" round in the AK like it was 7.62x51!!

come to think of it, when he took the shot with the Tavor they broke frame to show the target hit.....hummmm.

anyway, for close quarters fighting in buildings i can see the advantages, but certainly the disadvantages to shooting offhand.

cue cards!! that's funny!

The accuracy on the TAVOR should be pretty good actually. In bull-pup configuration the barrel stays long, but moves the action closer to the shoulder. Making the overall length shorter, not the barrel shorter. Bull-pups are very well balanced and will improve on aim just for the simple fact that your body is cradling the rifle and your arm isnt fully extended.. I want one so friggin bad, Id give up my whole collection for one(except the Walther P99)lol.

Guest bigbuck_tn
The accuracy on the TAVOR should be pretty good actually. In bull-pup configuration the barrel stays long, but moves the action closer to the shoulder. Making the overall length shorter, not the barrel shorter. Bull-pups are very well balanced and will improve on aim just for the simple fact that your body is cradling the rifle and your arm isnt fully extended.. I want one so friggin bad, Id give up my whole collection for one(except the Walther P99)lol.

I don't know if I agree on the accuracy point, that usually has more to do with the quality of the trigger than the length of the barrel in my experience and bull pups have lousy triggers based on their design. However you will get a pretty significant boost in bullet velocity and thus improved terminal ballistics.

I actually tend to shoot worse with them than a "regular" rifle since the bullpups I have fired or handled have either been neutral (no bias) to butt heavy bias and too wiggly on target.

I tend to shoot better if I have a little weight out front that slows down my shakey grip movement. And it feels more like a "real rifle" to me if it is barrel heavy. The only one that I held that I liked was the Steyr AUG and it had an very long barrel and no ammunition in it so it had a little weight out front to it. And I didn't get to shoot it either.:D

I hope you get your wish and some make it over here. If nothing else so you can invite us all over to give it a try.:stare:

Guest bigbuck_tn
yep, the very same! i remember the show where they were testing the dragon skin armor and he kept refering to the "7.62" round in the AK like it was 7.62x51!!

come to think of it, when he took the shot with the Tavor they broke frame to show the target hit.....hummmm.

anyway, for close quarters fighting in buildings i can see the advantages, but certainly the disadvantages to shooting offhand.

cue cards!! that's funny!

I like to watch the show when I can catch it to see the hardware.

That guy would probably stomp me into the ground with one hand tied behind his back while blindfolded and drunk but he sure does make alot of comments and does alot of things that a "not even a REMF" guy like me picks up on as wrong that I would have thought someone with SEAL trigger time would know. He just gives me the impression that he doesn't really know what he is talking about, but what do I know, I'm just a middle aged couch potato that reads too many gun magazines. (I don't even qualify for mall ninja status)

I wish I had his job though.:stare:

Guest grimel
I like to watch the show when I can catch it to see the hardware.

That guy would probably stomp me into the ground with one hand tied behind his back while blindfolded and drunk but he sure does make alot of comments and does alot of things that a "not even a REMF" guy like me picks up on as wrong that I would have thought someone with SEAL trigger time would know. He just gives me the impression that he doesn't really know what he is talking about, but what do I know, I'm just a middle aged couch potato that reads too many gun magazines. (I don't even qualify for mall ninja status)

I wish I had his job though.:grouchy:

Being a SEAL doesn't give him magic information. It makes him well trained for SEAL missions using SEAL equipment and local area equipment. How the equipment relates to anything else isn't in his required knowledge area.

• Administrator

The only fault I find with Mack on Future Weapons is the fact that he tends to sensationalize some of the hardware he gets to play with. But he's a television personality now and those people are paid to hype whatever they're dealing with at the moment. It makes for more interesting TV.

Mack is annoying. And have you noticed that every gun on there is the best. lol. My reasoning for a TAVOR is that I am 5'8'' and a short bull-pup fits my stature. I also like to cradle my guns(my babies). To each is his own and may he be happy. CAN SOMEONE MAKE ME TAVOR WEBPAGE? OR A TAVOR(thought about a jewish gunsmith).