How to improve trigger of M&P 45c?

I just acquired a S&W M&P, my first. What type of drop-ins are available for 45compact to improve the trigger which is not smooth and about 8 lbs? In my glocks I install a 3.5 lb disconnector and a New York spring which gives be 6 lb smoother trigger pull. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Apex Tactical. Get the DCAEK kit. It will become a completely different gun.
this x eleventy hundred. The Apex parts make it the gun it should have been from the factory. Tip: if you prefer a lighter trigger pull, leave the stock trigger return spring in. My M&P 9c has a 4# pull. :D

I checked the Apex Tactical website. Their DCAEK kit is $89.95 + $7.50 shipping, $97.45 total. Is the complete kit needed?

Apex harden sear is $39.95 and US Block is $34.95, $74.90 + $7.50 shipping, $82.40 total. Do you really need the spring kit? Does anyone else supply these parts more economically?

I checked the Apex Tactical website. Their DCAEK kit is $89.95 + $7.50 shipping, $97.45 total. Is the complete kit needed?

Apex harden sear is $39.95 and US Block is $34.95, $74.90 + $7.50 shipping, $82.40 total. Do you really need the spring kit? Does anyone else supply these parts more economically?

You need the whole kit.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2APX45DCAEK-1.html

Cheaper than Dirt is fast. There are great videos on the Apex site that will walk you through the installation. Removing the rear sight can be a real bear. I had to put my slide in a vise with padded jaws and beat it out with a hammer and brass punch. You have to remove it to install the USB, which is a big part of the improvement.

Guest bkelm18

The complete kit is not absolutetly necessary, the hard sear improves the trigger greatly as it is. However the whole package takes it to a whole 'nother level.

If you have basic 'smithing skills and a few tools you can essentially get the same result that an Apex gives you. Google 'Burwell trigger job' and you can find his PDF file that explains it all. I did this to my .45 fullsize and the trigger is drastically different (for the better of course.)

If you have basic 'smithing skills and a few tools you can essentially get the same result that an Apex gives you. Google 'Burwell trigger job' and you can find his PDF file that explains it all. I did this to my .45 fullsize and the trigger is drastically different (for the better of course.)

That's really close. In fact, I suspect the Apex kit might be a packaged version of it.

That's really close. In fact, I suspect the Apex kit might be a packaged version of it.

Yes, I installed the competition kit on my 9mm and if you look at the Burwell PDF, the sears are very similar. I did take the angle on the rear of the sear a bit further than the conservative recommendation by Burwell. IMO that has the most profound effect on the trigger pull.

I installed the DCAEK kit this morning. It took maybe 30 minutes. I also cleaned parts and inside housing. The sear installation into sear housing took some manuevering. The sear deactivation lever kept closing. After final installation of sear block into frame and slide reassembly, the trigger would not pull. I had to wiggle with a little force the sear deactivation lever to get it to lower. I then reinserted mag, cocked slide then tried trigger again and it worked fine. Trigger pull is alot shorter, smoother and lighter.

l shot 50 rounds of assorted 230 and 185g bullets to make sure everthing works and all went well. Sear deactivation lever has to be pushed to right and then down to lower when I disassemble for cleaning. Trigger worked correctly when gun reasembled.

Edited by lshel