Dogs: family or property?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two statements are contradictory.

I hope for your sake it is just Internet bravado. Otherwise you are stating that you would commit an act of premeditated murder, in which case I hope that your family is OK with a closed casket funeral because the State will eventually put enough electricity through you to light up a typical Memphis neighborhood.

I remember talking big like that at one time. But I think I was 19 and had no idea how the world really worked. You're too old for that and you're carrying a firearm for your own protection. It's time to put aside bravado and bull****, and start thinking sensibly before you do something dumb that lands you in jail.

And we "affluent" citizens of Memphis will end up footing the bill because god knows half of the people here don't pay their MLGW bill anyway.

Like I said, I LOVE my rotty like my children, but he would die my MY bullet if he was threatening bolidy injury on ANYONE that was not provoking the attack. Now, the other side...you advance on my property unannounced, or in a threatening manner my dog WILL protect, and for that, you get the bullet, the bite, and he gets a Snausages :confused:

So would you blast the UPS guy? He is usually unannounced.

Guest canynracer
So would you blast the UPS guy? He is usually unannounced.

A.) The UPS guy is not in my backyard

B.) The UPS guy always knocks...evenwhen they drop packages, the ring they bell and go...

and I think the brown suit kinda gives the dude away...lets let this one go...LOL

Guest canynracer
I think you want to shoot anyone, UPS guy included. Especially since you work for

Fed-X, I think the DA can make a case against you :eek:

I dont want to shoot people...just attacking dogs..LMFAO...kidding...

I seriously dont want to shoot anyone, I like the range...

and the funny thing is, UPS actually delivers to the FedEx corporate campuses!! LOL...that dude feels so uncomfortable while he is waiting for someone to sign...

We like UPS, without them, we wouldnt know we are the best :)

shooting dogs is fine but no hippos or UPS men, lol.

UPS delivering to your offices would seem like having a pepsi machine at the coke distributor. LOL

I wore a Jack Daniels shirt to work once, mostly to tease my boss. We don't carry Jack btw, he did not think it was funny, but I sure did LOL

Guest canynracer

yeah, they get uneasy...but for large expensive packages, like Servers, we cannot ship to ourselves cause we need to put insurance on them...UPS does the same thing...its some weird little agreement we have...we also do ALOT of their international overnight packages for them cause they dont have the landing rights in some countries...

I wore a brown polo shirt and tan slacks to work last week, and my boss freaked out thinking that I was being recruited...LOL...of course I went along with it, and told him they need to think very seriously about my promotion :eek:

but for large expensive packages, like Servers, we cannot ship to ourselves cause we need to put insurance on them...

So the shippers don't trust themselves with their own packages? :eek:

Guest Boomhower
So the shippers don't trust themselves with their own packages? :)

Seems fuzzy to me too Dave.....I'll have to remember that the next time I go to shipping something. :eek:

Guest canynracer
UPS ships servers all the time. However, they will not insure packages for more than $50,000. And if your front porch sucks, don't be shocked to find the UPS guy in your garage or back yard.

ummm...ok :bowrofl:

it would be against policy for them to go into your garage or backyard unless the instructions to do so are specifically documented in the shipping instructions....

I dont usually get $50,000 servers shipped to my home...but anyway....if I did, it would be dropped by signature only...

ummm...ok :rofl:

it would be against policy for them to go into your garage or backyard unless the instructions to do so are specifically documented in the shipping instructions...

Baloney--we do it every day. If the garage door is open, we almost always put stuff there first (out of sight/ out of the weather). If you are a FedEx guy, how do you know so much about UPS policy?

Guest canynracer

LOL...ok, its against OUR policy...we would not want the liability of leaving a package that is supposed to be signed for in someones garage, just cause its open.

You also go into peoples backyards??? wow...I guess just cause you have a package, you get a free pass to the property...

I am not a driver for FedEx, so I am not going to debate policy about that, I am gonna say, that any driver that walked into my backyard to deliver a package without specific instruction to do so would be in big trouble, I dont care WHO they work for.

Also, who is to say that something doesnt come up "Missing" from someones garage and UPS was the last one in there??

LOL...ok, its against OUR policy...we would not want the liability of leaving a package that is supposed to be signed for in someones garage, just cause its open.

If it requires a signature, it doesn't get left without one (except maybe DHL)

You also go into peoples backyards??? wow...I guess just cause you have a package, you get a free pass to the property

You're damned right I sometimes deliver to the back door if the front is "iffy", and I've had countless people thank me for it. Ditto for the FedEx guy.

I am not a driver for FedEx, so I am not going to debate policy about that, I am gonna say, that any driver that walked into my backyard to deliver a package without specific instruction to do so would be in big trouble, I dont care WHO they work for.

This is why I originally mentioned the UPS delivery scenario--it confirms my original suspicion that you are a bit trigger-happy. What is this "big trouble" that you propose?

Guest canynracer
If it requires a signature, it doesn't get left without one (except maybe DHL)
see now that was pretty funny...lol
You're damned right I sometimes deliver to the back door if the front is "iffy", and I've had countless people thank me for it. Ditto for the FedEx guy.

your question was about MY yard...since you seem to want to direct this to me, my neighborhood is far from "iffy" so a driver that works for ANY delivery company has absolutley NO business in my backyard. period.

This is why I originally mentioned the UPS delivery scenario--it confirms my original suspicion that you are a bit trigger-happy.

I am not even going to entertain such an assanine assumption/suspicion....you know NOTHING about me.

What is this "big trouble" that you propose?

I would call corporate offices and raise serious hell...and the driver would also get an earful.

As I stated before, I would tell a driver by the uniform, hence the yelling and complaint to corporate, and not a gunshot. there ARE other answers to these types of things...:rofl: