Think it's worth it?

Guest dubaholic2

You said it when you state "I'm not a Glock fan". If you can buy it then turn it for some profit OK, otherwise pass and get a compact .45 that you like. I personally think the G30 is a very unbalanced pistol to shoot, there are allot better compact .45s out there.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider a better compact 45? No disrespect meant or intended, I just would like to know your choices.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel very little similarity between a G30 and a G19/23. The 30 feels too top heavy and I so badly want to like them. I am a huge fan of 9 and 40 Glocks so I find the G36 more familiar to me. I would pick up a M&P 45c if the deal were right. S&W doesn't offer as good of a deal to Law Enforcement as Glock does so I have a hard time justifying paying retail for M&P's. Some of the country's largest LE supplies stores have dropped S&W's from inventory due to problems in negotiations. I had up until a couple of days ago a Kahr CW45 that was rediciously accurate but I let it go because of difficulty shooting reloads. I also think the XD Compact is a fine handgun I should have bought one when they were send 3 additional magazines free. Some of the 3rd Gen Smith autos are supposed to be great 45's as well as people speak highly of the SIG 245 and 220 Carrry.

Guest dubaholic2

I ended up getting the glock. I was able to get it for $500, so I figured it wouldn't be likely I'd lose money on it if I decide I don't like it. I'll post some pics soon.