June 7 Holder Hearing

Guest Lester Weevils

Guest Lester Weevils

Usual suspect D talking heads are all parroting the talking point, "After all, Justice did turn over almost 7,000 documents" which is another way of admitting, "The dog only ate about 90 percent of Holder's homework."

Guest Lester Weevils

Too many Fox talking heads are harping on the Brian Terry death and his grieving parents, "waving the bloody shirt". I don't deny that Terry's death is tragic but Brian Terry is only a tiny percentage of the vast damage and scumbaggery of the fast and furious operation and coverup, not to mention the likely dark motive of cynically walking guns to strengthen the call for additional gun control. Terry should be remembered and mentioned but when Brian Terry's grieving parents become nearly the sole focus of the argument, it reduces and trivializes the magnitude of the scumbaggery. It would be like obsessively focusing on a patient's right to privacy because Nixon's boys burgled a psychiatrist's office. Sure right to privacy is important but that was just one tree in Nixon's forest.

Guest 6.8 AR

But Lester, if you let any percentage like this go,

what are you going to accept next? They were

caught doing something illegal as Hell. This needs

to see daylight, and with the "Executive Privilege",

Obama may as well have admitted involvement.

Bad stuff, all for the wrong reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many Fox talking heads are harping on the Brian Terry death and his grieving parents, "waving the bloody shirt". I don't deny that Terry's death is tragic but Brian Terry is only a tiny percentage of the vast damage and scumbaggery of the fast and furious operation and coverup, not to mention the likely dark motive of cynically walking guns to strengthen the call for additional gun control. Terry should be remembered and mentioned but when Brian Terry's grieving parents become nearly the sole focus of the argument, it reduces and trivializes the magnitude of the scumbaggery. It would be like obsessively focusing on a patient's right to privacy because Nixon's boys burgled a psychiatrist's office. Sure right to privacy is important but that was just one tree in Nixon's forest.

Agree with this. I already heard some asshat liberal say Brian Terry's death would have happened anyway, because the cartels would have just gotten guns from somewhere else, so F&F doesn't matter.

Glenn

Guest Lester Weevils

Agree with this. I already heard some asshat liberal say Brian Terry's death would have happened anyway, because the cartels would have just gotten guns from somewhere else, so F&F doesn't matter.

Thanks Glenn

Thing is, that guy might be a liberal and an asshat, but he is most likely 100 percent correct. If the punks planned to go armed on a path intersecting Brian Terry that night, they would have gone armed regardless whether the gun came from the ATF.

That is how concentrating the argument on Terry weakens the magnitude of the scumbaggery. Border patrol agents ought not to be getting ambushed by punks. And border agents ought not to be ambushed by punks using guns supplied by ATF. All that is grievous all by itself but is only a small part of it.

Edited by Lester Weevils

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/judgement-day-house-finds-eric-holder-in-contempt-of-congress/

In a memorable call-to-arms before the vote, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) — practically screaming — asked Democrats who stood in opposition to the contempt measure, “What percentage of the truth will you settle for?â€

“If you have ever sat on the other side of the table from parents who have lost a loved one: is 50 percent enough? Is that enough of the documents? 75 percent? A third?†Gowdy continued. “The truth, the whole truth, so help me God. That’s what we ask witnesses to do, that's what we ask jurors to do and that’s not too much for us to ask the Attorney General of the United States of America to do.â€

Guest 270win

Nothing will happen to Holder. He will be censured at most. Geither is a tax evader and nothing but a censure. You or I do the same and we go to prison.

Too many Fox talking heads are harping on the Brian Terry death and his grieving parents, "waving the bloody shirt". I don't deny that Terry's death is tragic but Brian Terry is only a tiny percentage of the vast damage and scumbaggery of the fast and furious operation and coverup,

One of them, I think Lou Dodds, asked the questions 'How many Mexicans died because of this". if the reverse had happened would we U.S. be ready to go to WAR?

Guest Lester Weevils

One of them, I think Lou Dodds, asked the questions 'How many Mexicans died because of this". if the reverse had happened would we U.S. be ready to go to WAR?

Hi greenego. Yes that sounds like an argument more difficult to dismiss or ignore.

Guest 6.8 AR

We'll see. The political ramifications can do great damage to the Dems, right now. Lives were lost.

If you don't care about human life, that's one thing, but I will side with Brian Terry's life being as important

as yours or mine. It is an important enough issue to deal with and may lead in directions we need to know

about.

What do you think your attitude will be when this issue could, perhaps, be personal?

again this stuff makes me laugh.

How do you prosecute the top lawman in the land? Especially when he has potus backing.

Congress can rattle their saber all they want, nothing is coming of this.

Dems play their games and the Reps play theirs. I have no issue with the initiative of the program; it was an audacious plan that sought to gain intelligence. However, it was exucuted so incredibly poorly. It seems like they got to the 75% solution and said eff-it. So then they lose track of guns since they didn't have a good method to track them from the start, and a Border Patrol agent gets shot with one of the weapons from the program.

Okay, I'm willing to accept that. There is collateral damage all the time in operations such as this. As tragic as his death is, the emotional "there's blood on your hands" pleas are over the top on the Reps side. Where I have a problem is that the benefit was supposed to outweigh the costs, but since this program was executed so poorly, it simply better armed the cartels and resulted in untold numbers of dead (on the Mexican side) without any benefit. Someone should answer for this incompetence, and that someone is not only stonewalling any sort of responsibility in the matter, but he's actively trying to hide evidence. If this was anyone in an echelon lower than Holder they'd be looking at some pretty hefty jail time (in addition to losing their job) if that were the case.

Then the part that is just salt on the wound is the Dems initially using the death of this Border Patrol agent to justify their opposition to gun shows! That's like the DEA handing out crack in every poor neighborhood in America, then turning around to make crack-related arrests to justify their annual budget! It's absolute madness.

Edit: Just responding specifically to your last sentence, based on what my feelings are above it doesn't matter whether or not anything comes of this in regard to Holder being fired/jailed. Sometimes it's worth doing things out of principle. The second and third order effects of this will be favorable to the Reps. They have Holder and Obama backed into an indefensible position on this subject, so even the slicky Dems are going to have a hard time figuring out how to justify withholding of evidence and Obama's use of executive privilage. Maybe if this was October 2012 it wouldn't matter to the Dems, but it's not. They got the rest of the summer to look forward to, getting hammered about this all the way.

Edited by TMF 18B