New Carbine

Guest darkstar

Guest darkstar

Wanted a smaller sized carbine just for plinking and general fun...after some thought I decided to stay with a caliber I have a lot of and is (relatively) cheap. Thought about a Marlin in .357 but in the end decided against it and went with a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. Got a great deal on a very slighty used one (and YES! an "esstended clip" Glock 33 round magazine came with it). The little unit is very, very accurate....and if need be can be pressed into use for home defense, 9mm coming down a 16 inch barrel will generate some serious fps and some punch. I put a hundred rounds through it and it was flawless and all 100 rounds were in one large ragged hole....seriously. I always enjoy shooting anything but this little number was a lot of fun to play with. As soon as I can I'm gonna stretch it out and see what it can do past 50 yards or so.

Anyone else have one of these? Whattya think of 'em?

EDIT: I'm wondering what the status is for say having this in my vehicle loaded...I'm thinking it's considered a long gun so that would be a no go. In any case it folds into such a small unit I can throw it in my range bag and keep the magazines seperate I guess.

Edited by darkstar
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest darkstar
Did you get the Glock 17 or 19 version? Congrats by the way.

Glock 17/19..... It has the 10 rd mag (but where is the fun in that?) so I got a 33 rounder and a 17 rounder.

The damn thing is just way too much fun. I have seen them in the gun mags but until yesterday had never fondled one. I never seem to see them at gun stores that much either.

I might get the extension for it as it is way, way short. I'm thinking the extra inch would be a lot better ( yeah yeah no jokes about inches...thats too easy)

Guest darkstar
You have gotten hold of an excellent firearm! I call it the "poor man's mini-ak47." Half the weight of an AK. Able to accept 20 and 30 round mags. Folds up to 16.5 inches in length. Ideal for urban warfare (if such ever comes to pass). Good for all round plinking, and cheap 9mm ammo! I have one with a Beretta grip:

http://www.mouseguns.com/sub2000/sub2000.htm

Enjoy!

Thanks....

I read your page last night as I was looking around for more info on it. Very well done btw