Thank you TGO, Dolomite & D&T Arms

I just wanted to say Thanks to these folks, and a lot of others for all the help I got by just lurking here and reading. I have been trying to decide on a black rifle for a while know and with the help of a thread titled "First Black Rifle" I made my decision yesterday. After reading that thread and doing some reserch of my own, I had it narrowed down to a Romanian AK I found on the internet and A M&P 15 Sport. I just happened to be in the Rivergate area so I stopped in to D&T to see what they had on the shelf. They did have the M&P (which is really tough to find by the way) and an AK on the rack. They answered all of my questions and let me handle each gun as much as I wanted. They gave me a great breakdown of each and pro and cons of each. It was obvious they wanted me to buy something but there was really never a high pressure feeling about the whole deal. After handling both guns and getting a feeling of how each gun worked and how they felt in my hands. I coupled that with Dolomites (and several others, Oh Shoot comes to mind) high regard, I went with the M&P.

Agian thanks to all the nice folks here that are will to share knowledge and information to help less knowledgable folks make a more informed decision about where thier hard earned money goes. A big thaks to the guys at D&T as well. I know I could have probably saved a few bucks buy purchasing online, but I recived great service, a fair price on a hard to find rifle, and a one on one tutorial and education on my new rifle that you cannot get online and to me that is well worth supporting a local shop and paying (honestly) just a small bit more.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you got the rifle you wanted. Whether it be an AK or and AR the biggest priority is to get what you want and what will fill your needs. Be it a weekend shooter or a home defense gun the Sport will fill that role nicely. And not the real fun begins because you can buy every accessory imagineable for your AR to set it up how tou like it. Heck, there is even a tactical, rail mounted bottle opener. Not that I am condoning drinking and shooting but they are available.

And if you have ANY questions regarding the AR platform feel free to ask. The only silly quesion is the question not asked. And if you think it is still too silly to post PM me and I will give you my number.

Dolomite

Honestly I am hoping this will complete my collection.......I know,Iknow :rofl:, but when I recently decided to restock the house weaponry I had some specific things in mind. With this addition those things are fulfilled. I had to let my original collection (small) collection go some years ago when times were tough. I have now rebuilt our home defense needs.

I am not usually one to go all nuts over accessories and fobbits, and I am going to try hard to stay that way.......I know I know :rofl: . This one will more than likely stay in a safe place and just come out to practice from time to time and then go to it's safe place agian

I'm glad we could help and we look forward in seeing you again.

You will have to see me agian, I have to pay it off LOL :lol:

The absolute key to any new rifle is to go shoot it. Not just plinking but actually shooting it using your skills so you can get to know your limits with the rifle. Congrats on the AR and good to hear about D&T's great service.

Edited by kwe45919