Girls and Spiders....

I'm pretty sure he'll forgive us for what we've done to the earth, anyways... I mean, God has a history himself of destroying the earth once... and a promise to do it again. We're just small potatoes who delude ourselves by thinking that we actually have any real effect good or bad (hell, the other planets are warming up the same amount as the earth...). In the meantime, I'm loving my carbon footprint :D.

I guess a more serious answer to the question is: Everybody has something to answer for (whether it's fornication or being cruel to fornicators)... so, the question is not whether we'll be forgiven, it's whether we want to be...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angel 24/7
I'm pretty sure he'll forgive us for what we've done to the earth, anyways... I mean, God has a history himself of destroying the earth once... and a promise to do it again. We're just small potatoes who delude ourselves by thinking that we actually have any real effect good or bad (hell, the other planets are warming up the same amount as the earth...). In the meantime, I'm loving my carbon footprint :D.

I guess a more serious answer to the question is: Everybody has something to answer for (whether it's fornication or being cruel to fornicators)... so, the question is not whether we'll be forgiven, it's whether we want to be...[/quote

Good point! I think it is a wonderful thing that we can all be different. That is why I am glad I live in America. I've had a good time debating this. I see some have not!:lol: I am just 31 years old I still have alot to learn!!!

Dixie, please don't leave. :death: I enjoy your posts and you have a lot of good things to say.

I'm sorry that this thread has bothered you. I am actually OK with where it has gone. As you may have noticed, I copied this from another board you and I both frequent. Please don't deprive us of your participation due to one thread which has turned in a direction you don't like.

I second guessed myself when I posted this joke, thinking that the thread may develop into something like this. However, I decided that that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have gay friends, too. I love them like I do any other. However, I do disagree with their choice. I disagree with it just like I disagree with my friends who are still heavily addicted to drugs and alcohol. I still love them. I actually find myself going farther out of my way to love them than I do for my friends with no obvious outward issues. (Though we all have our inner problems.)

I agree, it is sad that most homosexuals are treated like crap. Just like the rest of our population, they can be great producers, thinkers, engineers, financiers, etc. I believe it is wrong to exclude them due to sexual preference. We miss many good things when we begin to exclude people. HOWEVER, I will not condone giving the benefits of a true marriage to homosexuals, and I will not inconvenience my life merely to make it more comfortable for a homosexual to live out his or her choice. I become very indignant when the extreme opposite happens and gay pride is shoved down my throat and I am made to feel bad because I don't give every homo on the block a pat on the back for making their choice.

I still struggle with the issue of whether or not it is a choice or something built into their life. Homosexuality is not a new issue. It has been around since Sodom and Gommorah, and will always be with us. I don't know everything. I know it must be a terrible feeling to know that the things you desire are contrary to what should be, and to be discriminated against because of it. For awhile (in the hayday of "Queer Eye", etc) it was the worst thing ever to be a straight male.

I am young (25) and always learning. The longer I'm around, the more I found out I don't know nuthin'. The more I grow as a Christian, the more I am learning that it's not my job to tell someone that what they are doing is wrong and that they should change because I said so. NOTE: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISAGREEING WITH SOMEONE AND DEMEANING THEM BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM. I think my job is to simply love, and let God work in people's hearts. Jesus did lots of walking and talking with folks a few thousand years ago, and it seems he always spoke of loving your neighbor, not telling him he needs to paint the fence or mow the yard. Jesus seems to be the guy who would mow the yard for his neighbor and not complain that his yard was unkempt. It seems to me that Jesus' life was not very "religious" at all. What's religious about fishing and walking? Unfortunately, we have put a lot of extra garbage into Christianity. "You have to dress up", "You have to have your life in order BEFORE coming to church", "No alcohol, tobacco, etc" None of that garbage is in the Bible. Do I dress up for church? A little, because I want to. My life is not in perfect order... that's why I go to church!! I don't drink or smoke because I don't think they are things that help me, not for any religious reason. However, I am hurting myself just as much by being a fat turd. My extra 100lbs is probably causing my body more harm than a 1/2 pack of cigarettes everyday would. That's something I need to work on because I think so, not because anyone else tells me.

OK so at this point it's becoming obvious that all I'm doing is rambling, so I'll stop here.

I guess a more serious answer to the question is: Everybody has something to answer for (whether it's fornication or being cruel to fornicators)... so, the question is not whether we'll be forgiven, it's whether we want to be...

Wow... well put, dude! :death:

Guest Angel 24/7

I didn't know posting a comment would cause so much comotion. Allan said he met you Saturday & he shot some of your guns.(xdshooter) Ha said you were a great guy. He told me to walk away from this so not to get myself into anymore trouble. But, that is not how I am built. I see alot of the same views you do.

I can't change that he is gay. I can only love him, And maybe the reason I try not to judge other people is because i am judged with this Extra 60lbs I have. I have been called a Fat Bitch more than once.( my job). This is our society!

Guest TNDixieGirl

Wow, you just said a MOUTHFUL dude!! lolol

I don't disagree with the topic being debated, I just thought it rude to turn your joke thread into a religious/homosexual debate when another thread could have been started taking up the debate.

I have gay folks in my family, and I'm much like you, I don't have to agree with their choice, but I don't torment them for it either.

I just laugh at jokes that are funny no matter the subject. Gays, blacks, Mexicans, blondes......we have a little of all in our family so we just roll with it.

If the hijack didn't bother you, I'll just zip my lip. :death:

I love you guys!! Allan was a great dude, and I look forward to seeing him at all of our events. He had some cool rifles too, and that was the first time I ever shot a 7mm Mag!!

I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but I won't let that get in the way of any friendships I have.

I'm glad we're cool Dixie. Everybody run out and hug somebody, QUICK!!!

I don't know why people get all bent out of shape on here when something is posted that they don't agree with. I've only been here a few months, but I see topics change and take a different course all the time. So what? Especially when it's in the "off topic" category. If what you are reading bothers or offends you, then just don't read it or take part in it anymore. Otherwise, post your opinion and have a nice friendly debate.

Everyone needs to :death::chill::drama::chill::chill:

Guest dotsun

I have a problem with the idea that it's a choice. As a very heterosexual man, I couldn't choose to think a guy's hot and wanna get busy with him any more than I could choose that Angelina Jolie is just another girl.

Although I must say, that Mike.357, he's something else. :death:

Guest Angel 24/7
I have a problem with the idea that it's a choice. As a very heterosexual man, I couldn't choose to think a guy's hot and wanna get busy with him any more than I could choose that Angelina Jolie is just another girl.

HEHEHE. that is a debate that will be open forever. I know I have NO desire to go down on ANY girl! I think alot of them are curious not necessarily gay?

I agree, I don't think it's a choice. I think it's in the genes and you're born that way. My sister has a lady aquaintance that is a lesbian and she has a TWIN brother that is gay. There's some genes that got mixed up for sure! Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right I I definitely don't condone it, but unfortunately, a person's genes can get mixed up sometimes.

A joke is meant for a laugh, chuckle, or to lighten the mood.

NOT a free pass to push your own personal, moral, or religious agenda.

I think the threads in this board should stay as god/religious free as possible.

Let your belief system guide your daily walk, but keep it out of everyone's way.

I dont want to trip over your leash of self righteousness when im relaxing on a forum that is meant to focus on GUNS.

For the record, I 100% support religious freedom. But with that comes the freedom of everyone else to not have your views shoved down our throats.

/rant.

Guest Angel 24/7
I agree, I don't think it's a choice. I think it's in the genes and you're born that way. My sister has a lady aquaintance that is a lesbian and she has a TWIN brother that is gay. There's some genes that got mixed up for sure! Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right I I definitely don't condone it, but unfortunately, a person's genes can get mixed up sometimes.

My friend said even when he was little he did not want to go fishing & roll around in the dirt like most boys. He started dance when he was 5 years old, he loved going to plays. He was a girly boy! He has came out to his mother & not his father scared of his reaction. I told him there is no way he does not know unless he is in denial?

I have a gay uncle with AIDS. It breaks my heart. I really wish somebody would have tormented him into reconsidering his choices.

The joke is funny, hilarious actually... and the reason that it's funny is that the simplest criticisms of our society are often painfully overlooked because they make too much sense for some people to be comfortable with... hearing a child say "That is so obviously un-natural" is just too honest. It's refreshing to hear though, and natural for it to evoke emotional responses which precipitate discussion. Jokes are simply an outlet for the stresses of life, it's just as okay to discuss the stresses as it is to make fun of them... how better than this?

I hope you'll stick around Dixie.

What if pedophiles argued that they were 'born that way'? (I understand that some do)...

Interesting story on this at knoxnews.com Not that they are born this way just a report on some of them and positions of responsibility they held.

Why I believe that gay people do not choose that lifestyle is because why would anyone choose to be that way. By that I mean to live in a manner that people put down, live a lifestyle that makes you the butt of people jokes, life a lifestyle that causes violence to be aimed at you, live a lifestyle that causes you to be discriminated against. It just does not add up for me.

I used to play golf regularly ( yep got over that obsession too) with two lesbians. I worked in the golf business for years and many of the female golf pros I encountered were very stereotypical. But every single one of gay golfers was what I consider salt of the earth and exceptional people to be around and associate with. I knew a man in Illinois who was gay and had aids. He was the nicest person I ever met in my life. Would literally give you the shirt off his back and the food from his refridgerator. I guess all in all I have known about 15 gay people in my life. There is not a one of them I can really say anything bad about.

I do not know how many straight people I have known in my life. But I do know there are quite a few of them I could say bad things about.

I do not believe that being gay is a choice or that being gay damns you to hell. I do not think it even gives cause to apologize to the man if and when your day of reckoning comes.

I have a very hard time believing in a God who would create someone and then damn them for their choices. I also think that the bible can make justifications for whichever points you wich to present or side you want to be on.

To be off topic, why would God create a child and then give them leukemia?

Now for Blonde jokes.

Q:what do blondes and turtles have in common?

A: Once they are on their back they are screwed. :death:

Guest Angel 24/7

Wow... It is a serious subject that is going to continue forever. ..... So I'm moving on I have better things to do.

I have read some of dixies threads & I have learned alot. I hope this subject would not be the reason you would leave. (or hijacking)

You guys have a GREAT day!

seriously I don't know how some guy can look at some other guys hairy butt and get worked up over it, biggest basis for my opinion about choice.

I am kind of sweet on Dotsun though :drama:

And so it is clear, the original joke is very funny imho.

Hey Dixie, I just want you to know that I agree with you. I don't mind topics going off-topic, but I think it would be better if religion, politics, abortion, sexual preference, etcetera go into separate topics.

Maybe Glock dementia too. :death::drama:

Guest GT_Rat
I have a gay uncle with AIDS. It breaks my heart. I really wish somebody would have tormented him into reconsidering his choices.

The joke is funny, hilarious actually... and the reason that it's funny is that the simplest criticisms of our society are often painfully overlooked because they make too much sense for some people to be comfortable with... hearing a child say "That is so obviously un-natural" is just too honest. It's refreshing to hear though, and natural for it to evoke emotional responses which precipitate discussion. Jokes are simply an outlet for the stresses of life, it's just as okay to discuss the stresses as it is to make fun of them... how better than this?

I hope you'll stick around Dixie.

I have a NON-Gay cousin with AIDS. Should someone have tormented him into reconsidering his choices?:death: