Girls and Spiders....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I have a non-gay friend without AIDs, but he does wear pink shirts from time to time.

I am 100% in support of tormenting him :death:

Dan's just trying to get those pink 5.56 shirts out into the public eye.

Alright alright alright... it doesn't seem like any of the people who were actively participating in the discussion got their feelings hurt, and it actually sounds like they enjoyed it. (However, there have been some remarks in the last page of posts that are getting close to or over the line, I think) Should we stop our non-gun discussion in the OFF TOPIC forum to make the people who don't like thread drift happy, or should we just go on about our way? It seems like a couple folks jumped in just to complain about a conversation there were not a part of. When I don't like a thread, I read another. We have literally thousands to choose from.

Joe, Mars, and whoever else.... I'm sorry if you were offended by my posts about my personal beliefs. BUT, I am NOT sorry for posting them, nor will I retract them. My intent was not to shove my belief down anyone's else throat. Nowhere did I state that you should adopt my value system. If anyone takes it that way, that is on them. I think if someone to actually read my long post with an open mind the would glean the opposite. If a mod wants to take them down, that's fine. I have no ownership in this board, and it and all it contains are property of the owner. I'm cool with that.

I enjoy this interaction. Have a good day, ya'll!

I have a NON-Gay cousin with AIDS. Should someone have tormented him into reconsidering his choices?:death:

That really depends on if his choices led him to this end... If a loved one is doing something which could get them hurt or killed, is the only PC option to simply ignore it?

Joe, Mars, and whoever else.... I'm sorry if you were offended by my posts about my personal beliefs. BUT, I am NOT sorry for posting them, nor will I retract them. M

It takes a bit more than someone pushing their religion to offend me. :death:

We're good dude.

as for thread drift, especially in the OT area I say show me a thread that does not have drift and you are showing me a thread that is not very interesting.

We have threads every where on here that go all over the place. To me it makes it interesting.

This has been an entertaining thread and I look forward to reading it after the people who do not have interet access at work get home and put their two cents in.

Good deal, Joe. I still hope you'll understand my intent wasn't to be "pushing" my beliefs, as you say. Sharing and pushing are two different things, kinda like:

"Want some of my crack?"

and

"Here, buy some of my crack for $10, you know you want some!"

I'm still hoping I can come down and partake in all that is "HERO GEAR!" sometime soon. I want to go when I'll actually have money to spend .... so maybe I'll see you in like six months to a year? :death:

Oh hey, I just noticed I have my identity back!!

<----------- see the little boy icon. I was beginning to wonder! Maybe if we had these little icons growing up, we wouldn't even have this thread!! :death:

(It's another JOKE!!!!)

Good deal, Joe. I still hope you'll understand my intent wasn't to be "pushing" my beliefs, as you say. Sharing and pushing are two different things, kinda like:

"Want some of my crack?"

and

"Here, buy some of my crack for $10, you know you want some!"

I'm still hoping I can come down and partake in all that is "HERO GEAR!" sometime soon. I want to go when I'll actually have money to spend .... so maybe I'll see you in like six months to a year? :death:

Cool man, would love to have ya!

Interesting thread, and one I'd normally wade into hip deep in no time. However, since there is some disagreement over whether this should be a joke thread or a serious thread, I won't. I will say three things:

1) The comparison of homosexuality to pedophilia is specious. Two reasons for this: a) pedophilia involves activities involving at least one person not of the age of consent; B) pedophilia is a psychological disorder while homosexuality is not. The slippery slope argument implied here does not carry much weight.

2) Homosexuality is not a choice similar to the choice of the color of socks I choose to wear today. It is much more innate than that, and significant research suggests there is some genetic influence in determining sexual orientation. "Choice" implies that one could choose otherwise. It is not that simple.

Gun owners tend to cast their arguments in civil rights terms. We tend to love freedom and claim to be willing to defend it against all tyranny. We should be the last people to support, either blatantly or passively, the suppression of of the rights of other groups.

I didn't find the joke funny, but support the telling of it and laughing about it. I will also argue till the day I draw my last breath that the little girl's reaction to the spiders both being "daddy's" is not "natural" at all, but the product of a culture that creates that impression. There's lots of research that shows that little kids are the most tolerant of differences until their parents/other adults teach them to be intolerant.

as for thread drift, especially in the OT area I say show me a thread that does not have drift and you are showing me a thread that is not very interesting.

We have threads every where on here that go all over the place. To me it makes it interesting.

This has been an entertaining thread and I look forward to reading it after the people who do not have interet access at work get home and put their two cents in.

In the case of this thread there would have been what maybe 10 to 15 post of people saying"rofl"?

When Im going through the new post and I see a topic I really dont want to read or have any interest in,but I see there have been 50 post,I know its gotten off topic and is going to be a good one B)

Guest Steelharp

I think I'd be "tolerant" until some guy tried to... well, you know. That's when I'd show the Glock... B)

Being in the music biz all my life, I've known a lot of homosexual people. They've never forced the point, and I haven't, either. We just do the gig, and go home... SEPARATELY!! :D

by the 4th page, this thread has already gone from the joke to the off-topic to explaining the reasoning for the off-topic or apologizing for it. im going back to the off-topic part. all i wil say about this is what i have been taught in every church i have ever been to, and that is that ALL homosexuals are to be condemned by society to the point where they either change their ways or not appear in public. if they remain homosexuals, they will be condemned to hell on judgement day. i dont tolerate gays at all, if they arent open about it around me, i really have no problem with it. try to push it over on me and there WILL be a problem.

i know some of you dont feel this way and i am in NO means trying to tell you what to believe or try to push my beliefs on you, just telling it how i see it. to be honest hollywood has made homosexuality seem ok to the greater population along with many other things that are wrong.

Homosexuality was considered a mental disorder as well, until the mid 70's... but both are nearly identical imbalances in the brain (pedophelia has not been officially identified as a genetic trait for obvious reasons, but is just as much so as homosexuality). One proclivity is only wrong because of the consent issue... but it's certainly possible to be raped by a homosexual as an adult, so, aside from consent, both are simply 'natural' sex-drives. Laws don't determine what is or is not innate... some people are naturally more aggressive than others, and must choose to behave in a socially/morally acceptable manner... And plenty of people have flip-flopped their sexual preference a few times, or simply choosen both.

Guest eyebedam
by the 4th page, this thread has already gone from the joke to the off-topic to explaining the reasoning for the off-topic or apologizing for it. im going back to the off-topic part. all i wil say about this is what i have been taught in every church i have ever been to, and that is that ALL homosexuals are to be condemned by society to the point where they either change their ways or not appear in public. if they remain homosexuals, they will be condemned to hell on judgement day. i dont tolerate gays at all, if they arent open about it around me, i really have no problem with it. try to push it over on me and there WILL be a problem.

i know some of you dont feel this way and i am in NO means trying to tell you what to believe or try to push my beliefs on you, just telling it how i see it. to be honest hollywood has made homosexuality seem ok to the greater population along with many other things that are wrong.[/quote]

I really agree with the point here that is highlighted. Its sad to say that theres so many shows now on regular network TV that you cant let your kids watch because half the programs got 2 dudes with there tongues down 1 anothers throat. Thats just sick. You shouldnt have to explain to a 7,8, or 9yr old why theres 2 guys kissing network TV. Plus with all the pro gay agenda crap there teaching in the schools saying its ok to be gay. Well you know what it isnt ok. They take the prayer out school because its offensive to a few but they allow whats offensive to most so they dont hurts the feelings of a few. Im tired of this goverment always catering to the minorities.

but the product of a culture that creates that impression. There's lots of research that shows that little kids are the most tolerant of differences until their parents/other adults teach them to be intolerant.

And that is what makes the joke funny.