Busse Bushwhacker Mistress passaround

Guest Broomhead

I will never be able to afford, or convince my wife that I need a knife of this quality/expense, but I now understand why they cost what they do.

Guest Bowdenknxvll

Good stuff guys! Passarounds are a great way to try out a maker/production companies knives before buying. It akso gives us good feedback so we can improve. Good on ya MK! I will say that I agree with the abive poster. Great knife as all Busses are, but the handles are a little thin for me. That is to be expected though on a knife really. Everyone has different sized hands so one knife wont work for everyone. Ive found this to be the case with almost all production knives. I have larger hands so most are just too small for me. I recently did a passaround on a new design that I made cor myself. I made the handle thick because that is what I prefer. It was about 75% 25% on how the user felt about the added girth. Sorry for the long post I just think its cool that knives are a part of this fine forum and that people are getting to handle such a fine knife.

Edited by Kfu Knives

Good stuff guys! Passarounds are a great way to try out a maker/production companies knives before buying. It akso gives us good feedback so we can improve. Good on ya MK! I will say that I agree with the abive poster. Great knife as all Busses are, but the handles are a little thin for me. That is to be expected though on a knife really. Everyone has different sized hands so one knife wont work for everyone. Ive found this to be the case with almost all production knives. I have larger hands so most are just too small for me. I recently did a passaround on a new design that I made cor myself. I made the handle thick because that is what I prefer. It was about 75% 25% on how the user felt about the added girth. Sorry for the long post I just think its cool that knives are a part of this fine forum and that people are getting to handle such a fine knife.

The Bushwhacker handles are thinner than most of the scales Busse puts out. I'll put up a comparison picture of the Bushwhacker handles and the magnum variety whenever the passaround is done.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the Bushwhacker Mistress has made it back home. While I must admit that I'm a little disappointed with the lack of reviews and feedback I am glad that some new folks got exposed to this awesome knife. To those that did reply I appreciate your reviews. Here she is as she came back to me. I touched up the edge with a leather belt on the belt sander and she's good as new. Cheers all!!

download-12.jpg

Thats awsome MK. Way to pay it forward. :up: Nice blade by the way. Id like to get my hands on one of the Team Gemini LBS that Busse has for sale now.

I've had an original Team Gemini and one of the Light Brigade ones and they are both fantastic knives. I'd definitely recommend getting one before they go away.

Thanks Caster, I appreciate it. As cynical as I am I like to think of this place as my internet home and if you can't trust your family...

I can understand that...half of it anyway. I've never seen you before in my life and trust you more than my family. That goes for pretty much all you guys.

• Like 1

Well I am working up my thoughts still as well as the pictures.

As far as likes go, the steel is awesome and it holds a great edge. The kydex sheath that comes with it is nice as well, but it took me a minute to figure out how the belt clamp/MOLLE clip worked. The balance is quite nice as well. I personally don't think that it is the best knife for smaller jobs, but if I were going through thicker brush I think it would be excellent, almost a happy medium between a large camp knife and a machete.

Dislikes; the handle. I know that there are larger handles on the other knives but these just didn't fit my hand well. It kept slipping out of my hand when I was wearing gloves.

For the testing I did some batoning, cutting and chopping, and checking for how sharp the edge was afterward.

First test: Chopping and batoning. I had a small log by the garage that I decided would make a great test piece. The knife made nice little chips out of it.

Second test: 2X4. Put a 2x4 on end and split it clean down the length, did that twice.

Third test: Cutting PVC. I was hoping that it would make a little bit cleaner cut but it just shattered it, oh well. In any case if you had to go through pipe it would work.

Final test: Leather. I put a piece of 9 oz. leather down and came down with minimal force, clean cut. I repeated this several times and each was just as clean as the first.

After all of this the knife would still cleanly cut paper that I held up. All in all I was incredibly impressed with the knife and I really wish that I had the money to buy one myself. I'll upload the corresponding pictures tomorrow, and I apologize for the delay, Major Kong, but school got the better of me this week.