Busse Bushwhacker Mistress passaround

I'm going to start a passaround for my user Busse BWM. I'll send the knife and a kydex sheath with a Tec-Lok to the first person on the list. The rules are as follows:

1) Post here that you want in.

2) Have at least 150 posts at TGO.

3) Use the knife. Chop wood. Baton wood. Make fire sticks. Use it to cut your steak. Have fun.

4) After you have used the knife- package it and mail it (Priority Mail insured for $500) to the next person on the list. Keep the knife for no more than one week. Current user and next user info will be maintained here.

5) Post a review of your experience with the knife. Pictures are expected and appreciated.

I'm going to limit this to 10 people as I do use my knife and would like to have it back before winter time. Last recipient will ship the knife back to me.

Knife is currently slightly more "used" than the picture shows but is still shaving sharp.

P1000200.jpg

1. Metalhead

2. Broomhead

3. MacGyver

4. LumberJack

5. gjohnsoniv

6. willis68

Edited by Major Kong
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Broomhead

I had a little bit of fun with Major Kong's Busse last night. I hacked up a ~2" diameter root that ha surfaced at my MIL's house. I cut an 18" piece off then used that to do some batoning. Then, I sharpened the end of the stick like I used to love to do as a kid. Here are a few pictures.

20120821_162715.jpg

20120821_163231.jpg

20120821_163912.jpg

20120821_163952.jpg

After all that, it still shaved my arm hair. I'm not done yet. I have some more fun in mind.

Edited by Broomhead
  • 4 weeks later...

well I have to say that if your life is in the balance having a Busse Bushwacker Mistress could make the difference. I am generally not super impressed with knives, I appreciate a good knife but never could see the value in buying a high end one. Well the Busse has changed may mind. This thing is awesome. It truely is a machete hatchet, and knife all in one durable heavy duty package. I use a machete at work to do certain tasks, and they work well, but are often to thin in the blade, and not very well balanced. so when chopping small trees or scraping bark of a tree you can get a lot of bounce and ricochet that can cause arm fatigue and just be unpleasant. The Busse has a heavy thick blade that makes chopping efficient, yet is amazingly well balanced so it doesn't feel like your swinging a board.

I chopped down a 4" red maple, took about 5-10min

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

I scraped the bark of a tree, which can be used to blaze a trail. This can be a difficult task as some trees have tough bark, but the Busse had no issues

IMG_1119.jpg

I baton split a piece of fire wood. It was dried, but red oak. Took about 30 secs to a min, to split clean through. Felt very sturdy when striking the blade

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

and then to top it all off it still has an edge sharp enough to slice a thin piece of homemade bread

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126-1.jpg

all in all this knife is just bad ass, end of story. The only negative I have is the grip is just a little thin, and caused some fatigue in my hand when chopping. I have dry skin, and the scales were tough to hold onto, so this may have lead to the fatigue. This would be remedied with a few wraps of athletic tape or similar, if lots of chopping were to be required.

Fred, thanks for sharing, on to the next.

Edited by Lumber_Jack