Sig P938

I was at TN Gun Country today and I saw this little beauty next to a Sig P238. They looked almost identical but the Sig P938 shoots 9MM. I couldn't resist so I am a happy owner of a new Sig P938 Extreme. Did anyone else get one of these newer guns?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-extreme.aspx

John Platt

Edited by alwaysonjohn
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife picked one up this weekend (Extreme - grey grip, one extra cap mag and one standard mag). We put about 150 rounds thru it Sun evening w/ nary a hiccup. Nice shooter. Its still breaking in, but so far no probs at all...handled a few Ranger SXT 147gr just as easy as regular ball ammo. Will replace her 238, I've been told...

As far as holsters I am not sure yet. The slide is a tad bit longer than a 238, but I'm sure that won't matter too much. I e-mailed crossbreed on a holster so I will find out soon.

I am still amazed at how small the gun is for a 9mm. It's beautiful and it was much cheaper than a Springfield EMP in 9mm...

it fit in my 238's holster which is a ramorra pocket holster for the general size of gun. I do not know if it will fit in a very specific molded holster, it would depend? I have the 238 sig plastic retention clip on holster, I can try it in that if you want. Most 238 holsters probably work if they have any give or extra room?

Having shot both the EMP 9mm and the 938, they feel like totally different beasts to me. I found the EMP to be much more accurate and easier for me to shoot well, and the felt recoil is less, particularly with a larger load (147gr). Like with the 238, I struggle to get the 938 really comfortable in my hand (kinda fits like OJs glove)...whereas the EMP immediately finds its happy place. My wife shoots her 238 very well, as well as the EMP, and likewise found the 938 to be less accurate at this stage in the game. Now that will in all probability change as she puts more rounds thru the pipe on the 938...she has a couple of thousand rounds thru both the 238 and the EMP 9mm at this point, and only 100+ thru the 938.

I believe the Extreme model is currently the only version of the 938 that comes with the extended 7-rnd mag (which I found to be more comfortable than the regular 6 rnd mag). Was also told that availability of the Rosewood model has been delayed due to a problem with the grips cracking.

update: the p238 plastic clip/retention "holster" does NOT fit the 938. The 9 is too wide for it even with the retention screw totally removed.

The 9 is plenty accurate for me, I cut the x ring out of a man target with mine at 10 yards shooting very slowly of course. Supposedly sig tests its pistols to be 2 inch or better group at some few yards (15, 20? I forget), and I think it can meet that metric. I have mid-small hands and it fits mine OK (good but nothing to cheer about), it may frustrate larger handed folks. The recoil is certainly on the high side of medium, and a box of 50 shot fast left me with a stinging hand.

I like the extended mag too, big difference even for my hands, but when I carry I will use the flush mag for better fit in pocket.

I also like the emp and came close to getting one, but never did. Still may one day.

Also, my trigger has broken in nicely with about 500 rounds thru it now. It still FTF about 1 in 50, trying to figure out if its the mag, the ammo, LW from too much shooting it, or what. I took it 150 rounds without cleaning and it does not seem to get any worse for a little soot.

Edited by Jonnin

The minituck is available from crossbreed. Also the invisi-tuck is available from American Holster Co. I am still not sure which I am going to order. I haven't been to the range yet, but Limp Wristing is the main problem as you go smaller. Here are some pictures...

620527_10151087753901460_66714120_o.jpg

332993_10151087756351460_209178519_o.jpg