How much trigger should a holster cover?

I like the kydex Aholster Belt Holster and have one for my XDsc. I recently ordered one for my new Glock 19 and got it in Saturday. I noticed that the kydex doesn't fully cover the trigger guard. I know I've seen a few holsters like this in pictures online, but it makes me a little uneasy. Is this something I should be concerned about and return the holster or is it safe?

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to return it for a refund. I agree with you Will. It would seem like an unlikely event that it could happen. But, it only takes one weird chain of events for something bad to happen and I for one am not comfortable being the guy taking the chance. I have a Safariland paddle holster I used for an IDPA match Saturday (because the Aholster didn't get here until I was at the match, lol) so I think I'll stick with that Safariland for fun stuff and possibly go back to leather for carry. Ohhhh how I wish Milt Sparks would make their Axiom holster for more than just 1911s.

They definitely should have made it to cover the trigger. You've seen the Aholster kydex holster for my G26 and it covers all of the trigger guard.

The one I have for my XDsc covers all of the trigger guard too. It looks like they tried to keep the holster depth the same between the two different barrel lengths. I really like the one for the XD but this one doesn't seem to be fully baked IMO.

Does anyone have suggestions for an easy on easy off OWB Kydex holster like the Aholster Belt Holster, or am I gonna have to go back to leather?

Edited by tt0511

I talked to Alan Miller, the owner of Aholster. I sent him pictures and he's going to make me another holster to cover more of the trigger guard, or at least more of it. The one I got for my XDsc covers all of the trigger guard area. He sounded like a very nice fellow. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a new holster from Alan at Aholster Saturday. It is right. I'm kinda wondering if the first holster didn't accidentally get made for a G26 rather than a G19. Even though we never discussed shipping costs, when I opened the box tonight there was $6 inside the holster to cover the costs. That's service right there.

I'm still amazed at how well his holster design conceals a handgun in a OWB carry mode. There is almost zero difference between concealability wearing the Aholster compared to my Tucker Answer or a Comp-Tac MTAC/Spartan. If you're looking for a comfortable, concealable OWB holster you really owe it to yourself to give this a try. And, they're made right here in Tennessee.

IMG_0393.jpg

Edited by tt0511