Sig X-Five Tactical - Ole Craig traded into this

graycrait

More to the story:

Two weeks ago a young friend of mine traded me his newly put together Colt 6921 AR that included aftermarket names like: Daniel Defense, Troy Industries, Matech, Revels triggers, etc. I was a happy man. This friend is a good man, father, dog man and tactical gun enthusiast, as well as Iraq and Afghanistan vet. His experience actually using a tactical rifle trumps mine by at least 100%. I thought, I have the Holy Grail of assualt rifles. Now in my 58th year I will have an assault rifle that will make me "respectable."

I was so happy I took it to the gun shop I haunt and showed it to a friend last week, a veritable walking encyclopedia of AR and assault weapons lore. After placing it in his hands he told me he had to have it for a scientific experiment to compare against his Daniel Defense, Larue Tactical, LMT and one or two more quality ARs he currently owns. I laughed and told him, "What have you got I need?" I was thinking, "He would never have anything that would trump this not be repeated Colt AR." He frowned and said, "Nothing." I laughed inwardly, knowing that me, "the cheap bastard" finally had a gun that was worthy of respect. This guy also knows that I am a .22lr and Glock 9mm freak.

Monday he comes to me and says he has an X-Five Tactical he would trade. My jaw hit the floor, while I soiled myself. A year or so ago a friend lent me his X-Five and when I shot it I was completely and utterly astonished - now believing the Sig Kool-Aid. I had never handled a pistol that shot so easily so well. But being a cheap bastard I knew I would never be able to actually own an X-Five.

Now I own an X-Five. Zombies and 8X11 sheets of paper beware! Once I clean myself up I will be a force to be.... well you know me...

Guest The Highlander

My first reaction to this post was "you suck!" But really, it is just jealousy talking. That is a beautiful weapon anyone would be proud to own! Hey Ben, after you buy one and get tired of it, let me know and I'll reimburse you for it.

As much as I like shooting the X-Five Tactical I almost enjoy more seeing the reaction of others who shoot this gun. I suppose the P210 and Sphinx may be like it or better. The other high end competiton Sig X-Five/SIx may be better.

I can't really describe the X-Five other than smooth. I have two tweaked Glock 17L's, have had a few tweaked CZ 75/85s, nice shooting M9s, 3 nice 1911 9mms, including a DW Pointman 9 and a Springfield Loaded Target, none come close to the X-Five. Rather than spending the smack for a G10 grip right now I stippled the stock slabs last night. Unless it is Wheelgun Weds you will see Ole Craig wearing baggy shirts as I am going to carry the X-Five when I can - it ain't a little gun. I like my extreme modded G19 as a carry gun but I can put a round through the ear or eye with the X-Five, instead of just "in your face" with the G19. I need to find a favorite JHP for the X-Five.

Yup yup, that's the way my P226R DAK is too, unbelieveabley smooth, easy to shoot and very accurate, puts most of my other pistols to shame.

I'd love to get together and put our Sig's head-to-head some time, it would be cool to see which ragged hole was smaller than the other.

Guest twpayne75

That's the only Sig i would like to have. I used to be a Sigaholic. I haven't picked one up in probably a year. I converted my 220R, 226R, 228R, and 229R to DAK a couple years ago. After all that I discovered HKs LEM, and got over Sigs pretty quick. I now only have one 226R and my wife has a P238. If it were not for my wife, I would not have the 226.

I would love to try an X5. They are not exactly common though. I have never seen one in person. I would imagine the single action trigger would be sick. For the life of me I can't figure out why Sig doesn't release a regular 226 in S/A.

I guess they are to busy with all the rainbows and diamond plate. I have to say that I have lost a lot of respect for Sig over the past few years as a gun manufacturer. It's good to know that they are still able to produce a beautiful looking piece such as your X5.

Enjoy it Sir.

As much as I like shooting the X-Five Tactical I almost enjoy more seeing the reaction of others who shoot this gun. I suppose the P210 and Sphinx may be like it or better. The other high end competiton Sig X-Five/SIx may be better.

I can't really describe the X-Five other than smooth. I have two tweaked Glock 17L's, have had a few tweaked CZ 75/85s, nice shooting M9s, 3 nice 1911 9mms, including a DW Pointman 9 and a Springfield Loaded Target, none come close to the X-Five. Rather than spending the smack for a G10 grip right now I stippled the stock slabs last night. Unless it is Wheelgun Weds you will see Ole Craig wearing baggy shirts as I am going to carry the X-Five when I can - it ain't a little gun. I like my extreme modded G19 as a carry gun but I can put a round through the ear or eye with the X-Five, instead of just "in your face" with the G19. I need to find a favorite JHP for the X-Five.

Keep rubbing it in. One day it will be mine, one day. You'll break eventually, my constant nagging is like water boarding at Gitmo! :)