Be a producer to survive a downturn

Guest USMC 2013

Guest USMC 2013

Please provide more information. I would like to know what kinds of plants you are talking about that is edible in 7 days.

As far as cost. You can buy enough food for one person for 90 days for under $50. I know it sucks but beans and rice is cheap and plentiful. You can also suppliment the beans with meat you gather. People probably think I am crazy but our cats bring enough meat to our doorstep every day that it would definitely help us survive. And a single deer would feed us for a few months as long as we could turn it into jerky for long term storage before it spoils.

Dolomite

Go to...

www.wheatgrasskits.com

I sprout an alfalfa, brocoli and radish mix using the jar method and two tablespoons of seeds equals 1 wide mouth mason jar stuffed full of sprouts in 7 days!!! Think of the sprouts that you used to be able to find in the good sandwich shops and what they sell in the health food section of nicer supermarkets. Highly nutrient dense, really just awesome food for you.

I also sprout black oil sunflower seeds in 10x20" nursery flats in soil. Again, 7 days growing time from start to finish. I can take 12 ounces of BOSS and in 7 days have 5-6 POUNDS of delicious, healthy salad sprouts! A 50lb bag of BOSS sold as birdfood costs about $25 with tax. Divide that by 12 ounces and multiply by 5lbs and thats a lot of food.

I'm not a hippie, I am prior USMC, hunt, fish and am straight so trust me, this is not hippie food, it's just plain good food and another way I have found to prep. Finding greens year around in a SHTF scenarion will be hard to do. You need the greens to stay regular, vitamin C, etc... With sprouting you're covered and you can do it from the privacy of indoors. Semper Fi,

Joe

Look it online. If not I'll bring you the book on it at the October meet.

Also just found out that the author would be in our store today about 5:30 if you would like to come by and hear about the system, talk to him, etc.

Emery's 5 and 10

4014 Chapman Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920.

Mainly what it is Spots, is making a raised bed and then creating the "perfect soil." From there it's planting things that mutually benefit one another like corn and beans, like how the indians planted things. Interesting concept really, and can produce a lot as well.

Interesting. I assume your store carries the book? Is the author local? I have heard of it before, but haven't read it.

You work just a stone's throw from where I live (not literally, but close).

Will

Interesting. I assume your store carries the book? Is the author local? I have heard of it before, but haven't read it.

You work just a stone's throw from where I live (not literally, but close).

Will

Yes we do. The author is not local but still a good guy. Stop by some day though take a look at the book and take a look around. Look for the guy with red hair. Edited by gjohnsoniv

One word: SILVER

Ok so you have a bunch of silver coins. Why would I trade you food for it? Unless one of my neighbors is looking for silver, I would have to hope someone wanders by that both wants silver, and wants to trade as opposed to kill me for my food. That's a gamble, and thus I would want a bunch of silver before I would even consider trading.

**edit** Caster beat me to it. But I will leave this here anyway. With any luck, things will hold off long enough for the wife to finish her Phd in Nursing, then we can just tell people she's a doctor and can provide medical services. The truth as far as it goes :)

Edited by Makiaveli