Guest HunterH
Walther P99

Steyr M9-S9

Taurus Millenium

Kahr P & PM series

S&W Sigma

HiPoint

FN Five-seveN USG

Hey Eddie! Good to see you back. You have been missed! Have you decided on a cool name for these guns yet? you could be the first to coin the name and make millions...:popcorn:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HunterH
I'd just call them un-conventional composite service pistols...

and with that, we can all relax as the world is now as it should be.. :popcorn:

case closed.....

Guest sling
Meh... they're all just decendants of the H&K VP70... :popcorn:

DanO

Hah.. +1

Only one of the ugliest pistols known to man...

though the 3 rnd burst was pretty cool.

300px-

Guest HunterH

It could also be that Glock and XD have proven themselves over and over in the LE and armed citizen comminity to be as good or better than any other defensive handgun in the world. Not sure why there is such distane for Glock and XD, but I trust my life and my family's life with those guns. I have done a tremendous amount of homework and energy coming to that conclusion and feel at peace with my choice. Everyone needs to feel that way about their carry gun regardless of what they carry.

I am still baffled why so many people feel the need to crap on them. :D I guess it is like a toyota or honda. People don't feel comforatable admitting that those are the best made cars in the world. I wish Chevy or Ford made as good a car too, but I trust my family to what product I know is the best and in this case, it is the Glock and XD.

I know I am asking to get pooped on by taking a stand for my guns :eek:, but I feel strongly about these weapons and hope everone loves and trusts their gun choice as much as I do.

Edited by HunterH
Guest HunterH
I need to make up a list of reliable striker fired pistols and their prices to see where the real value lies.

THe ones I am most familiar with are the Glock, XD, and M&P: all of which can be had for between about $439-$550 new.

Guest HunterH
I'm sure it will eventually get down to personal preference. I mean...the Hi-Point will probably be the value leader, but most folks with a few more bucks will probably want a less clunky handgun.

I agree. for me I just think the more simple the design the better. In all things, the more moving parts, the more things can go wrong.

Is the H&K USP a striker fire gun? Does Sig make any?

Guest HunterH
The USP is not striker fired. The P7M8 is, but has an automatic de-cocker/re-cocker in the grip.

I can't think of a SIG that is striker fired, but I may be wrong.

I am mainly just curious to see if either company makes a similar format gun wiht the same trigger pull every shot (DAO) and the same simple design if I would ever want to venture out and look at H&K or SIG for a carry gun. I am always wanting to learn more about what is out there. Lots of neat stuff.

Best thing I can tell you is to find some people with different handguns and ask them if they will let you shoot their handguns.

I carry a USP40, P7M8, Beretta 92 and Kel-Tec P3AT.

If I'm at a range and someone comes over to look at what I'm shooting, I almost always ask if they want to try my handguns.