Like Glocks? Like 9mm ARs? Step inside...

Glock30

My newest, and possibly favorite, build of all time.

2lc9vrs.jpg

Lower specs:

Double Diamond Glock lower

Standard PSA LPK

Mil-spec buffer

Spike's ST-2

Buffer springs: JP tuned and polished buffer spring (black), Spike's stainless steel buffer spring (green)

Buffer spacer: 1" green nylon rod, machined by a friend to 31/32" and cut to length

Magpul furniture: black and OD green

Seekins Precision bolt catch, made from tool steel and melonite treated

Kies anti-walk pins

Upper specs:

JSE Surplus 9mm upper

YHM ramped bolt, machined to accept Glock magazines by Double Diamond

Magpul furniture

UTG rear flip sights

YHM front flip sight w/gas block (green)

Primary Arms red dot (green)

The carbines shoot really well. I shot 115 grain FMJ out, then for fun, put 127 grain +P+ through it. On the 8th round, the bolt catch sheared off the green, so I bought the Seekins as a replacement. It's nice to use one set of magazines and one caliber when going to have a little fun.

Edited by Glock30
  • Like 1

Getter done then Just one man's opinion on things. Your mileage may vary. this one says its a rifle kit http://www.usaammo.c...n-Kit-P150.aspx

I don't know why they're saying that unless it's some grand .gov conspiracy to put people into jail. I could be missing something but I don't think so.

Stock allowing it to be fired from the shoulder? Check.

Barrel under 16 inches? Check

Why on earth someone would spend another $500 on top of a $500 pistol when they could go get a far better dedicated rifle is beyond me. A fool and his money I suppose.

Those things are the definition of ghey :puke:

• Like 1

I don't know why they're saying that unless it's some grand .gov conspiracy to put people into jail. I could be missing something but I don't think so.

Stock allowing it to be fired from the shoulder? Check.

Barrel under 16 inches? Check

Why on earth someone would spend another $500 on top of a $500 pistol when they could go get a far better dedicated rifle is beyond me. A fool and his money I suppose.

Those things are the definition of ghey :puke: I know jest like a 9mm rifle that does not shoot very far

. I know it's almost like spending a lot of money for a make believe rife in 9mm that does not shoot very far , why not jest buy a AR-15 rifle in 5.56 or 308 hmmm , I mean isn't that the porpoise for a rifle is to shoot long range hummm ,when you could get a far better rifle is beyond me. Maybe a FOOL I suppose
  • Admin Team

. I know it's almost like spending a lot of money for a make believe rife in 9mm that does not shoot very far , why not jest buy a AR-15 rifle in 5.56 or 308 hmmm , I mean isn't that the porpoise for a rifle is to shoot long range hummm ,when you could get a far better rifle is beyond me. Maybe a FOOL I suppose

While they certainly have their ideal operating parameters, I think pistol caliber carbines have a pretty established history of usefulness.

MP5, Uzi, etc...

A pistol caliber AR is interesting to a lot of people because it has a manual of arms that they're already pretty familiar with.

Because it's not a rifle. It's an SBR and requires a F4 and $200 :down:

Actually a Form 1 if you build it yourself. If you are buying it from a dealer then it is on a Form 4. To build ANY NFA item is requires a Form 1 and $200. Even a SBS costs $200 if you build it yourself.

They actually make a version of the Roni with a faux 16" barrel. Even though the pistols barrel is short the long barrel on the conversion meets the requirements and does not need to have a registered firearm.

Dolomite

Jest trying to give glock owners diff options is all for glocks in 9mm like this rifle upper http://www.mechtechsys.com/glock.php

Why not just save the money and go with a Kel Tec Sub-2000 that accepts Glock mags? You have a dedicated carbine rifle, a dedicated pistol, mag/ammo interchangeability, and save about $500 in the process. That's a lot of Glock mags and ammo you can buy.

Why not just save the money and go with a Kel Tec Sub-2000 that accepts Glock mags? You have a dedicated carbine rifle, a dedicated pistol, mag/ammo interchangeability, and save about $500 in the process. That's a lot of Glock mags and ammo you can buy.

and how did this all become about the money , ??? I'm sure he has a lot of money in his 9mm AR build , thought it was all about the diff options that are out for a 9mm rifle or carbine is what I thought we where talking about

Yes, they're DDLES lowers.

I have had the Keltec Sub-2000 and it wasn't for me. I was accustomed to the AR platform and the workmanship. The subbie just didn't feel like home. I've also had a Colt style 9mm AR. I hated loading the magazines. Hated unloading even more. It was neat, but we parted ways.

I discovered these lowers from another large gun website. Every post/picture sang the praises of the workmanship and quality of the DDLES lowers, so I got serious and bought 'em.

I've had plenty of fun with standard 5.56 builds and the other 9mm rifles as noted above. Is this the cheapest route for a 9mm rifle? Certainly not. Is it what I wanted? You betcha. How much can a body spend on a 5.56 build?

Some time this weekend, I'll post detailed pictures of the other side of the lower. I can tell you that it has a proprietary magazine release button, already installed, as well as some other specific things that make this one special. It's more than just a machine-it-and-go type of lower; there's some labor on the manufacturing side to get it up and running. But, for the end user, install your standard LPK and you're off to the races.

Edited by Glock30

Actually a Form 1 if you build it yourself. If you are buying it from a dealer then it is on a Form 4. To build ANY NFA item is requires a Form 1 and $200. Even a SBS costs $200 if you build it yourself.

They actually make a version of the Roni with a faux 16" barrel. Even though the pistols barrel is short the long barrel on the conversion meets the requirements and does not need to have a registered firearm.

Dolomite

Roger on the F1. I was looking at the picture and seeing already built gun/F4 when we're talking about dropping something onto an already bought Glock frame/F1.

and how did this all become about the money , ??? I'm sure he has a lot of money in his 9mm AR build , thought it was all about the diff options that are out for a 9mm rifle or carbine is what I thought we where talking about

This thread started out with the OP simply showing off his 9mm AR build. You questioned why he didn't just go with any of the various Glock conversions that you were providing links to. I was merely suggesting that instead of spending all of the money necessary to convert your Glock pistol to SBR/carbine configuration, you could buy the S2K and keep the Glock as-is. I was just tossing my ideas out there. Sorry for adding my 2 cents. :surrender:

• Like 1