It finally happened...

Guest gcrookston

Guest gcrookston

I got my first CCW permit in 1989 in Seattle Washington. At that time I carried a P230 and an S/42 P.08 in vintage shoulder form. From 1987 to 1998 I transfered 7 times. UT, WA, TX, NC, MS, LA, CO. I got lazy and TX didn't have one (at that time), so I didn't bother while my P230 or P226 got carried anyway.

And I stopped carrying about 2003 and didn't think much of it. Then I got here, to TN, and had a rather uncomfortable incident outside of Louisville getting gas, late at night (gun in the car). Went ahead and got my permit here in TN a few months ago.

Months and months go by, I keep the gun in my car most of the time. Tonight, after 4 days on the road (3 nights out), I get home. Honey-bunnie and I have a glass of wine in the back yard, talk about week. I go inside, take a shower. I'm tired.

She tears into the bathroom, "there is some guy looking into our living room window".

Well, "fudge", I say. pick up my 340PD "and what are you doing?" and all walk out the front door, naked as the day I was born, with the exception of the gun, a loose towel and a "I've been on the road, don't have time for this, I'm tired and constipated"...

Rounded the house with the gun in one hand, towel in the other, and no "fudge", there is a young man of color standing in the shadow.

Painted him with the CT, courtesy of Hero Gear (did I meantion the 340PD was courtesy of them also)

and he said something as he ran off into the fields behind our house here in rural Rutherford county, but I didn't catch it.

Okay, I admit, was kind of fun painting his ass with that lazer as he scooted. I've got a couple of TNHP in my neighborhood, think I'll mention it to one of them tomorrow.

Edited by gcrookston
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston
Damn or "fudge".

the most holy man I ever met, lost his finger during a haying accident, when asked what did he say during that moment, he replied "gosh, oh, shucky darns, boy does that smart"

never have had cause to have a weapon to point at anyone. Tonight was the night.

Now I play through my head, "well, if I'd come up from the back side of the house", I could have cornered him, should I have yelled at him, some command, like "get your tushee on the ground"? (I never said a word). Now I'm wide-awake...

still, I imagine the little red-dot in the dusky night on his body might have been very scarey for him...

Edited by gcrookston
Guest Mugster

I was born in nashville, and except for college/army for 9 years, lived here all my life. I never would have figured I'd need to carry a gun. I'm carrying more and more. With the economy going downhill, I think the general craziness is going to get worse. Better keep one handy these days.

Glad everything worked out.

Guest canynracer
I'm glad everything turned out alright. I bet your "Honey-bunnie" was/is quite alarmed at the whole situation.

A warning shot to the head wasn't an option?

ROFL...a "warning shot" with a laser to the head...LMFAO...that is priceless....

Guest kwikrnu
I've got a couple of TNHP in my neighborhood, think I'll mention it to one of them tomorrow.

Does the TNHP deal with peeping toms or does the sheriff?

i'd be very careful on situations like that...you could have went outside and found two or three or more "peepers/intruders". that could have ended up a totally different story. glad it worked out for you though...be careful and keep an eye out...

It was probably the sight of a naked middle aged man more than the gun.

ROFL! Yea Gcrookston I'd go ahead and make a call to your local PD/sheriff and let them take a report. Better to have it in file, then some dude show up with a report saying a crazed naked man burst out of his house, called him a bad name, and pointed a gun at him. Not saying YOU did that, but that would be the story. Remember the first to call is the victim.

Glad you and the Mrs. are A-OK!

Guest gcrookston

Hey, I resent these remarks, underneath this middle-aged keg are my teen-aged sixpack abs! :P

I reported the incident to my neighbor, 4 houses down, a TN highway patrolman. he and I figure it was a kid, probably more scared of my nudity than my gun....

CCW? who needs it when you are a fat, middle aged balding, naked person?:D

And I never used the word "negro" once during the incident, thank you very much.

Guest gcrookston
That's OK.

I have the body of an 18 year old.

And when he sees what i've done to it, boy will he be pissed.

Bill, Damn! LOL, you made me spill my Sunday morning beer!:D

Hey, I resent these remarks, underneath this middle-aged keg are my teen-aged sixpack abs! :P

I reported the incident to my neighbor, 4 houses down, a TN highway patrolman. he and I figure it was a kid, probably more scared of my nudity than my gun....

CCW? who needs it when you are a fat, middle aged balding, naked person?:D

And I never used the word "negro" once during the incident, thank you very much.

I didn't figure you did, but you know as well I do there is always something extra that is going to get tacked on by any person, especially in today's world climate.