LEO Only Handguns?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Just a marketing ploy, really. No laws stating that certain firearms or ammo can only be sold to LEOs and not civilians.

Guest sling

I know Glock has a program for LEO only. I think its just a "discount" system for officers. Same guns the rest of us get... just a lower cost. They have to go to "special" LEO dealers though. Bollocks if you ask me.

Been to Guns and Leather? :bow: The consensus on another board is that they are special priced from HK, with the stipulation only LE can buy them. HK tends to be snobs like that.;) Maybe our new member, Daniel, who works there can tell us.:D

Guest sling
Been to Guns and Leather? ;) The consensus on another board is that they are special priced from HK, with the stipulation only LE can buy them. HK tends to be snobs like that.:rolleyes: Maybe our new member, Daniel, who works there can tell us.:D

Heh heh. I've already brought that up once...:popcorn:

On a side note... i really dont think a LEO is going to buy that chromed P7M13 in their case for 2000 something dollars.

Guest nraforlife
the differance on my smith and wesson m&p is there is no magizine saftey.

But you could have gotten the M&P with one should you have wanted.

Guest db99wj
Never seen a LEO only gun myself....but do remember LEO only magazines from the High-Capacity ban days....

I saw a LEO Gun for sale in a consignment case once. There was 2 or 3 of them. They were Memphis police deptartment S&W Model 910...maybe or a 5906 (can't remember the model), they were the S&W's that the department issued years back. They had the MPD shield/logo engraved on the slide.

I saw a LEO Gun for sale in a consignment case once. There was 2 or 3 of them. They were Memphis police deptartment S&W Model 910...maybe or a 5906 (can't remember the model), they were the S&W's that the department issued years back. They had the MPD shield/logo engraved on the slide.

But I doubt they were only for sale to a LEO. There are a lot of surplus LEO guns out there with different police insignias.

The guns they are talking about are ones that are in gun shops only for sale to LEO. As someone said this is marketing and special pricing, nothing more. There's nothing special about these guns that you couldn't order yourself.

Edited by Warbird
Guest db99wj
But I doubt they were only for sale to a LEO. There are a lot of surplus LEO guns out there with different police insignias.

The guns they are talking about is ones that are in gun shops only for sale to LEO. As someone said this is marketing and special pricing, nothing more. There's nothing special about these guns that you couldn't order yourself.

Yes, they were not LEO only. Neat looking.

Gotcha.

Glock and most of the big companies have LEO pricing. Glock and most give the same discount to first responders and military. A Glock 19 is 398.00 with three mags. The

catch is the only LEO dealer/distributor per for Glock is in Knoxville.

Guest canynracer
the differance on my smith and wesson m&p is there is no magizine saftey.

Mag Safety and Internal locks are options...order it as you want...I chose nothing :D

Guest GLOCKGUY
Never seen a LEO only gun myself....but do remember LEO only magazines from the High-Capacity ban days....

i got a bad feeling that these days are coming again

Guest monsterking138

the m&p had problem for awhile with the mags droping out of the gun. which is why i got the one without the saftey. the have fixed the problem. and i plan on getting a compact also and it will prob have the saftey.