Legends Outdoor Advantage.....

It's a sad day in the gun business,

I saw today that they are closing up shop.:crazy: Not sure what happened because they had great deals and treated everyone respectable. I do know that back in DEc. they had an employee arrested for theft over 60,000, his trial was last week, they dropped it down to theft over 10,000 and after a week long trial he was found Not Guilty, seem the whole story was not told at first.

I considered this employee a friend and was shocked to hear he could do such a thing. After it was all said and done he was apparently doing what they had told him to do and the judge and jury saw it this way.

They sale starts Thursday, they open at 9:30. Only got a few handguns, a bunch of rifles, and all kinds of fishing junk, clothes, safes, you will just have to go see for yourself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this place exactly? I will be traveling from Chattanooga to Knoxville this weekend and might want to stop in...

Get off exit 49, go to the intersection where mcdonalds is turn right, about 1/2 to 3/4 mile on right, across from high school.

Stories like this always intrigue me. Do you know any deatails? Like what they were trying to do?

This is the first I've heard about it, and it does sound quite strange. Hope someone gets some great deals.

I know a bunch of details but they are not for open forum, my friends name has been drug through the mud enough for now. Never figured they were closing untuil about 2 weeks ago. Been trying to get them to get some more new guns in so I can buy but no dice. One of the owners is a friend of mine as well, I just can't figure out what happened with them.

Get off exit 49, go to the intersection where mcdonalds is turn right, about 1/2 to 3/4 mile on right, across from high school.

I know a bunch of details but they are not for open forum, my friends name has been drug through the mud enough for now. Never figured they were closing untuil about 2 weeks ago. Been trying to get them to get some more new guns in so I can buy but no dice. One of the owners is a friend of mine as well, I just can't figure out what happened with them.

Well, I hope everything turns out OK for all involved. It sounds like several people have some regrouping to do. Best of luck to all involved.

Too bad,when they first opened I figured they would give Benton a run for their money but they have been going down hill for the last year or so.

That's about right, I just figured everyone hits a slump, never figured it would go this far.

Guest sgphoto

I'm not surprised. Too many people on staff, prices too high for most everything.

Counter people had rather stay behind the counter talking with their buds or each other. Most lacked any semblance of salesmanship.

Unless a retail operation has exceptional products with good pricing and quality salespeople, they will have a rough time.

I only live thirty miles from Legends, but the past four trips there, no one spoke or even nodded. Just because they sell guns doesn't mean I must support them. Last time I called to check on a gun, I was put on hold for over 10 minutes. The clerk acted as though I was disturbing him by calling.

Good business procedures apply whether you sell guns or hamburgers.

Steve

I'm not surprised. Too many people on staff, prices too high for most everything.

Counter people had rather stay behind the counter talking with their buds or each other. Most lacked any semblance of salesmanship.

Unless a retail operation has exceptional products with good pricing and quality salespeople, they will have a rough time.

I only live thirty miles from Legends, but the past four trips there, no one spoke or even nodded. Just because they sell guns doesn't mean I must support them. Last time I called to check on a gun, I was put on hold for over 10 minutes. The clerk acted as though I was disturbing him by calling.

Good business procedures apply whether you sell guns or hamburgers.

Steve

Yea they went downhill fast, when they first opened they were all over getting someone help.

I couldn't agree more Steve, I have been in there only a few times but always made to feel like I was bothering them. One guy in there had a face like a mule, like he would rather be somewhere else and I am not sure who he was but I am thinking he may have been one of the owners. I hated it there because of how they acted toward people and toward me. I don't like going somewhere that people act like they are doing ME a favor by taking my money.

To be honest, I say good riddance.

Guest Spuds

That's ironic. "Legend" had it that Legends started because the owner was ignored/mistreated at Benton Shooters. Dunno if there is any truth to that, but I heard it from several sources.

Any online coverage of the trial or other events that led to this? Links are find if it's too painful to discuss.

Guest Aksess

I went in there today and was shocked at the so called sale prices. I bought a scope 4 months ago there and paid $129 + tax for it. Today the sale on optics was 30% off and the exact same scope had a price of $149 on it.

A savage .17 hmr synthetic stock regular barrel was $209 +tax and background. I just bought the same rifle at wallyworld for $169 +tax and background check. From what I saw today they have raised the prices then put a percent off sign up to make you think you are getting a deal. Good ridence to them.

Oh the fishing stuff in the back room was a good buy. If you like junk no one else wants.

Guest Aksess
I couldn't agree more Steve, I have been in there only a few times but always made to feel like I was bothering them. One guy in there had a face like a mule, like he would rather be somewhere else and I am not sure who he was but I am thinking he may have been one of the owners. I hated it there because of how they acted toward people and toward me. I don't like going somewhere that people act like they are doing ME a favor by taking my money.

To be honest, I say good riddance.

hahahaha face like a mule! I know who you are talking about. hahahaha:)

That's ironic. "Legend" had it that Legends started because the owner was ignored/mistreated at Benton Shooters. Dunno if there is any truth to that, but I heard it from several sources.

Any online coverage of the trial or other events that led to this? Links are find if it's too painful to discuss.

Actually true to a degree. They said they would put Benton's out of business because they would not sell out to them?

I went in there today and was shocked at the so called sale prices. I bought a scope 4 months ago there and paid $129 + tax for it. Today the sale on optics was 30% off and the exact same scope had a price of $149 on it.

A savage .17 hmr synthetic stock regular barrel was $209 +tax and background. I just bought the same rifle at wallyworld for $169 +tax and background check. From what I saw today they have raised the prices then put a percent off sign up to make you think you are getting a deal. Good ridence to them.

Oh the fishing stuff in the back room was a good buy. If you like junk no one else wants.

This is what I was afraid of, well to each his own. I had decided I was done with them since I have been unable to feed my habit since around Jan.:cool:

Guest Aksess

I was thinking more of the old man with grey hair. Lol

There is a new gun shop in town. The guys at Niota opened it across from wiggens and sons hardware on Hwy 11.

I was thinking more of the old man with grey hair. Lol

There is a new gun shop in town. The guys at Niota opened it across from wiggens and sons hardware on Hwy 11.

That would be Mike, he's the one that they had arressted back in Dec.

Are you talking about the American gun shop? I've been in there, he dosen't have his FFL yet. I'd be interested in see what he can do one price once he does.

Edited by dralarms
Guest Aksess

There already is. As I sated in an earlier post the guys from Niota has started a gun shop across the road from Wiggins and sons. When they were in Niota all they had was Junk no one wanted. Cheap high priced junk.