Home Security Surveillance Thread

R_Bert

It is much like a I-charger , it takes a cord supplied with it and is USB at the charger and mini at the camera , you plug it into your computer first to sync with your router and then place it where you want and plug to the charger. The charger says it's output is 5 v.

OK.  Thanks ! This I can adapt to 12v battery/solar with no problems.

Having such a system is on my radar screen early in 2013.  I admit I have not done my due dilgence entirely, so reading threads like this is very helpful.  I may have some dumb questions though,

• Are these systems stand alone without any connection to your regular PC?  Can they be?
  • I assume these systems require their own monitor, or can you pipe them into your normal PC monitor or TV?
  • I further assume, the only real difficulty is running of cable?

Other than my questions, I assume its sort of straight forward, a hard drive, a comptuer to itself, cameras, mounting and wiring.  Then if you want to get jiggy with it, you can go wireless, internet capability, etc.

Having such a system is on my radar screen early in 2013.  I admit I have not done my due dilgence entirely, so reading threads like this is very helpful.  I may have some dumb questions though,

• Are these systems stand alone without any connection to your regular PC?  Can they be?
  • I assume these systems require their own monitor, or can you pipe them into your normal PC monitor or TV?
  • I further assume, the only real difficulty is running of cable?

Other than my questions, I assume its sort of straight forward, a hard drive, a comptuer to itself, cameras, mounting and wiring.  Then if you want to get jiggy with it, you can go wireless, internet capability, etc.

-You can  set it up as a stand alone system or tie it in with your PC, just depends on what you want to do.

-You can do whatever you want here as well.  Just depends on what is convenient for you.  If you have a large TV some cheaper cameras are going to be very distorted on a big screen.  If you run a DVR into a safe as suggested in my earlier post you could use a long set of RCA cables to reach an existing monitor you have or just but a small flat screen TV to dedicate to the DVR, these can be had for well under $100.

-After learning the interface of your system and how it works running cable  is the only tedious work left.  Camera mounting is easy.