What's your auto/truck money pit

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Reef, while I admire your taste in vehicles, I gotta say that all the $ you spent on the GT could have bought lots of guns & ammo. I mean, a guy's gotta have his priorities. :D

I got another Mustang in May. I still have my 93, which I will never sell.

Black 04 GT, nothing but a shifter yet, but I bought some Y2K Cobra R wheels and good suspension parts, plus Brembo brakes. I'm just waiting to put it all on.

www.lxcoupe.com/images/04gt

I'd say I've got you beat Len, 2001 Ford Focus SE, Silver 4door. Hubby hates it

I bet he does! And I bet you laugh all the way to the gas station...

PM sent.

Guest EasilyObsessed
It's not really a money pit anymore, because the miles are getting up there. Most will probably just laugh but it's quick for what it is.

102_0259Small2.jpg?t=1181936308

I've done quite a few mods to it and 13.6 @ 104 is my best time.

Is that a buick regal? 3.8L Supercharged V6 right? Thats time is pretty darned good for a FWD sedan that will haul the whole family :D

What is the normal mod path for those?

Is that a buick regal? 3.8L Supercharged V6 right? Thats time is pretty darned good for a FWD sedan that will haul the whole family :D

What is the normal mod path for those?

Yes, it is a Regal GS supercharged. I don't know if my mod path was "normal" or not but I will tell you y progression. I started with SLP ceramic coated headers and a full 3" exhaust with a Flowmaster 40 series, then I under drove the supercharger from a 3.8" pulley to a 3.4" pulley. I built myself a cold air intake and installed some solid upper motor mounts, then I did my own reprogram of the PCM. Then I added 1.9:1 ratio rockers and under drove the s/c again to a 3.25" pulley, and that is where it sits now.

I know fully well that it isn't the fastest car on he road but it is good enough to embarrass a lot of cocky drivers on the road.

A 13 second pass out of a 4-door v6 Regal is something I'd have to see to believe. Not calling BS, just saying I've gotta see that. :D

I know I have a timeslip of a 13.7 that I can post I may have a video as well. Check out http://www.regalgs.org/ if you would like to see them in the 11's.

EDIT: Heres the timeslip, I'm on the right obviously, the other lane was a neon IIRC. pb2.jpg?t=1182039654

I've formatted my computer twice since then and this one was on an old external HD so I don't have the vids anymore, they weren't of my car anyway but another regal. I think I still have the actual timeslip of the 13.6 run but I just moved so It'll take some digging before I can find it.

• Administrator

After doing a little research, I see that the Regal is basically a heavier, reskinned version of the Pontiac GTP. Those could be quick cars out of the hole. After 100mph they kind of fell on their faces, though.

Don't worry with the time slip. I believe you. Too bad it's not a Grand National. :D

Tungsten, that is a nice ride... It'll take me a while to get my bowtie F-body that nice (but it will be someday). It'll be getting some hefty suspension attention this winter... And I've just about got the driveline beefed up to where it'll handle the engine I've got planned for it.

I'll catch up with you later :angel:

I'm thinking about getting a newer Pontiac GTO next year or maybe an older mid 90s Z-28 or Trans Am.

My wife wants me to find an old Mustang (69 or 70 model) and fix it up. I used to be a technician in a Chevy Dealership and can do just about anything to a car. I restored a '72 Chevy stepside truck for my dad several years ago and used to have a '69 SS Camaro that I reworked. I'd rather find a 67 thru 69 Camaro or a 69 thru 72 Vette to play with. I just don't know if I want a late model driver or a older screamer.

I could shoot myself for getting rid of that one Tungsten. It was black on black with the factory steel cowl hood. It was a 350 car, not a big block, with a 4 speed and 3.73 gear. I traded it for a '87 Buick Grand National with a Stage 2 Chip and 3.73 gears. I had to get rid of the GN to pay some bills when my son was sick as a newborn and spent 2 weeks in intensive care in Vanderbuilt. I had a fast toy since then and it bit me hard 2 years ago. I wrecked my CBR 1100XX and cracked my femur, kneecap, trashed my ACL, and messed up the cartlidge in my right knee. I have since gotten rid of the bike and once we're comfortable in the new house I'll have something else fun.

• Administrator
I could shoot myself for getting rid of that one Tungsten. It was black on black with the factory steel cowl hood. It was a 350 car, not a big block, with a 4 speed and 3.73 gear. I traded it for a '87 Buick Grand National with a Stage 2 Chip and 3.73 gears.

Stop it. You've now mentioned two cars that I'd love to own. Black on Black for the Camaro = HOTNESS. Grand National? Enough said! If you need any help feeling bad for getting rid of either of those two, give me a shout and I'll make it worse for you. :angel:

Spent some time in Vanderbilt's NICU myself in the past though, so you clearly did the right thing. Cars, trucks, bikes, guns... all replaceable. Kids aren't.

Tungsten: That mustang is awesome. It reminds me of the late 80s/ early 90s. Very clean!!

BTW, back in the day, some bazooka tubes could know out some nice bass (vanilla ice, tone loc, run DMC). Bad thing, my sisters mazda 626gt smoked them bad. I think it was one of the orginal rice rockets.

Guest GlocKingTN

The wife and I just bought another daily driver the other day. Nothing special! Its a 1995 Chevy lumina, 120k miles, power, descent car, and only paid $1400 for it. So now we have 3 cars, my truck, the wife's SUV, and the lumina. 2 are paid for and now we have the lumina to pay off.

By the way Tungsten, thats a sweet mustang. I have owned 2 myself. I had a 1991 LX 5.0 coupe, and a 1991 LX 5.0 conv. Now I wish I had kept the coupe.

Guest GlocKingTN
Yea.. coupes rock.

Yep. The one I had was in mint condition. New flowmasters, tires, etc. I actually stole it when I bought it. Now I regret ever selling it.