what is on your adult beverage menu for the evening?

Guest Jamie
The classic, Jack & Coke.

Funny thing is, when I tell Korean's that I am from Tennessee they always, without fail, look at me like, "Where the heck is that?"

Then I tell them, "From Tennessee, like Jack Daniels!" Immediately their eyes light up and all is well in the world.

Ah, our state in known the world over for booze, I love it. :poop:

I find it both sad and perverse that you can't buy a drink of Jack Daniels in Lynchburg. ( Moore county is a DRY county. )

If that's not proof that the world is well and truly screwed up, I don't know what is.

Guest Bluemax

Picked up a bottle of 30-30 Reposado and some limes on the way home from the show. Wish me luck, maybe I can get the warden tipsy and run her around the house tonight :poop::D:D

I find it both sad and perverse that you can't buy a drink of Jack Daniels in Lynchburg. ( Moore county is a DRY county. )

If that's not proof that the world is well and truly screwed up, I don't know what is.

The tour guide when I went said that Moore county could probably become a wet county, but didn't really want to. The irony of Jack Daniels being made in a dry county is a bit of PR thing. Also the county is so small most residents can easily drive a short distance to purchase liquor.

I recently took a tour of JD, and they were selling bottles of JD.

The distillery can sell it packaged in certain ways, but they are the only ones in the county that can do so.

Guest Jamie

The distillery can sell it packaged in certain ways, but they are the only ones in the county that can do so.

I sort'a figured that, otherwise none of the rest us would be able to get it.

My point though, was that you couldn't buy a drink of it there... as in to consume.

They do want your money, they just want you drunk someplace else. :poop::stir:

Guest Jamie
Picked up a bottle of 30-30 Reposado and some limes on the way home from the show. Wish me luck, maybe I can get the warden tipsy and run her around the house tonight :D:D:D

I foresee somebody gettin' hurt... :stir::poop:

( There are other wise-cracks I could make about this situation, but they're probably not fit for a "family" forum. ;) )

Guest Bluemax
I foresee somebody gettin' hurt... :panic::D

( There are other wise-cracks I could make about this situation, but they're probably not fit for a "family" forum. :panic: )

Jamie, you are absolutely correct, in my bad old days, as momma said "I was bad to drank" but now only do so on occasion. In keeping with the family forum, I'll share a G rated story with you. A number of years ago, several of us were congragated over at a friends house. It was a Friday night, we had designated drivers and a few of us ( including myself ) were drinking more than we should. As the evening progressed, we became increasingly tipsy. Not to be the nerd in the group, I soon found myself looking for a solid object to steady myself, and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an avacodo refridgerator on the front porch.

I had no idea these things came with wheels..but they do..and they go fast. I'm told ( affected short term memory ) that we went off a 10 foot drop and landed in a creek...morale of the story, avacado fridges are evil!!!

Seriously, I tell this story because I asked the Lord to come into my life and without his divine help, would not be around to laugh about the old days

I sort'a figured that, otherwise none of the rest us would be able to get it.

My point though, was that you couldn't buy a drink of it there... as in to consume.

They do want your money, they just want you drunk someplace else. :D:panic:

Well I didn't mean what they ship out for all of us, I meant the bottles they sell in the gift shop are not exactly the same as you get at the package store somewhere.

But on the getting it by the drink...I got ya...:panic:

Guest Verbal Kint

Bottle of Crown has become a casualty... and I'm out of Cabo, but this bottle of Patron is calling my name. Gonna be an interesting night.

Guest bkelm18
Bottle of Crown has become a casualty... and I'm out of Cabo, but this bottle of Patron is calling my name. Gonna be an interesting night.

Holy Sweet Mother of God! He's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!1!!!one!!!! :)

Guest Bluemax
I'm on the bud light tonight sitting in front of my grill filled to the brim with chicken thighs.

Man, that sounds good, I asked the warden to p/u some boneless, skinless thighs at FC because their on sale pretty cheap. We like to marinate em in teriyaki and some stuff called sirarracli chile paste she gets Awesome with a big frosted mug of Tsingtao if you want to stick with the oriental thing