More Kool Aid for me and my G26

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

I drink more Kool Aid today and I liked it.

Some of you may know but I hated my Kel-tec P11 so I went to Gunnys today to shoot and this guy just traded in a G26 that looked pretty good. (By just I mean I had to wait for his background check to clear, by good I mean either he never shot it or steam cleaned it) I had my Kel-Tec so anyway for a tad of boot I have a G26 that I like very well and they have a crappy P11. All the mags that came with it had the extensions.

I ran about 30 rounds through it and it seems to shoot as well as if not better than my G19. The G26 is a great little gun. Recoil is darn near nothing, accuracy at 7 yards was dead on even with me shooting and just wow. I'm gonna get this one back to the range again. See how it does after several hundred rounds but I was teaching a friend to shoot today so I let her shoot mostly. She loved the G26 also, better than the G19.

So the G26 is perfect for a subcompact so far. Who would ever have thought.

I would post a picture of it but it's beauty cannot be understood by a mere photograph. No seriously it looks like any and every other G26 you could ever find, well with estinshins. May post a picture of the recoil spring now that is an odd looking deal.

It's perfect for a compact, perfect, where is my glass?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest janwbrown616

Carried one for years as a backup duty weapon. Went to the 27 and never looked back. The 26 was fantastic but I've always carried a G23 and the 27 let me share ammo.

You got a great deal....

Guest mikedwood

Thanks for the support. I feel like I have a winner here. I have it holstered in a holster I got for my G19 (it fits so very well) and wore it around the house all night. I can sit and everything and it's no bother at all. My girlfriend didn't even notice it (I dunno if that is good or bad, was kinda hoping for a hug or something but...)

I sure hope my permit gets here soon. If this is as reliable as the G19, between the G26 and snubbie I'm in business.

For a small carry gun it's the stuff. I couldn't believe how accurate and how little recoil it had. The recoil spring is all I can figure. I think I'd rather shoot it than the G19. Not totally sure on that yet, but after yesterday it could be the truth or the excitement of the moment. :D

Guest mikedwood

I'm really thinking about that P3AT listed in the for sale section, I'd be all over it if it was a Glock.

I have a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 that takes Glock mags, does that make it a Glock? Or a nephew of a Glock or something like that? Incredible for what it is, it's not perfect but close cause it uses Glock mags and talk about easy to clean.