Amazon tax notice

10-Ring

Spent less than $100 with them, but my question would be - how the heck do you pay anything on it if we don't file tax returns in the state? I'm not worried about it, it just seems like a futile effort to ask individuals to pay on something when they don't do any paperwork in the first place.

Spent less than $100 with them, but my question would be - how the heck do you pay anything on it if we don't file tax returns in the state? I'm not worried about it, it just seems like a futile effort to ask individuals to pay on something when they don't do any paperwork in the first place.

Just contact the TN Dept of Revenue and they will send you the proper form for paying state sales tax on Internet purchases. Yes, there is a form.

It of course is and has been largely futile, but here's the link to do it online without paperwork:

https://apps.tn.gov/usetax/

- OS

[quote name="Rowdy" post="895283" timestamp="1359082855"] Just contact the TN Dept of Revenue and they will send you the proper form for paying state sales tax on Internet purchases. Yes, there is a form.[/quote]Only problem with that is that you will continue to receive them in the future. They figure if you needed it for one year, then...

Only problem with that is that you will continue to receive them in the future. They figure if you needed it for one year, then...

I'm definitely not endorsing doing it, just letting him know he can do it. I recommend waiting and letting them send us tax notices.