Hello from the Scruffy Little City

Hey and thanks for having such an interesting and informative place where people can talk about guns. 

I've done a little hunting on-and-off since my early teens in the sticks of Blount County. Since our recent shootings I, like so many other people, have been bitten by the "gun bug", so I decided to invest a little more free time in shooting and handguns. I've read answers to many of my questions on various gun forums (especially the Beretta forum, good guys over there) and since I'm true Tennessee Orange I figured I should find a home place to read and discuss guns and gun issues.

I currently have a Beretta Px4 9mm, a S&W Bodyguard .38 (Man, that little booger kicks like a mule), and a Rem 870 12 for the birds.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swim, 

Man, I love the Px4. It shoots like a dream and is built well. I've shot a couple of 92's and a Glock 19 and they are great guns too. I was looking at the M&P and XD also but I really liked the safety/de-cocker on the Px4. This gun is mainly for HD. I feel uncomfortable, having grown up being taught to always work the safety, with a weapon without a safety, and with a child in the house it was the perfect gun for me. I'm thinking gun safe box too!!!!!!! He knows if he asks we can talk about gun safety, but still.  

Anyway, yea, I love it. 17+1 sold me on the 9mm. I just picked up two 20 round mags from the BerettaUSA site. I'm a great shot with a rifle but need some work on the handgun. For me, if someone comes in the house, by God I'm dropping 36-40 rounds on them and asking questions later. 

Welcome to the fun.  You do need to come out to the Oak Ridge Sportrsman Association (ORSA) range and shoot some of our matches.  First Saturday of the Month is IDPA, Second Saturday is for Cowboys, Third Saturday is USPSA, The Sunday after USPSA is 3-gun, and Steel Challenge is the Fourth Saturday.  We are a friendly bunch and always welcome new shooters.  Go to orsaap.com for more details.