whens the next Chattanooga meet?

Guest GLOCKGUY

If I can borrow a rifle, I'll shoot 3-gun... I've played before. I think the wedding is at 2... I ought to be able to make it back up there. Suppose I should run the course in a tux? :popcorn:

Honestly, Sunday would work better for me... but I'm up for anything that's feasible.

2 things I'll need to know:

What caliber ammo should I bring for the rifle, if I can borrow one? And, do you guys use strict IDPA 3-gun rules? I've got a magwell on my XD, but I can remove it if necessary.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I get my KelTec back this week you can use it,if not,well thats your problem :popcorn:

I guess I should call them about it tomorrow and see

Other then that I'm trying to free up both Sat,and Sun just in case,but chances are I will be out for sat

Eddie, what sort of rifle are you looking to use in the 3 gun. I'm up here at home right now, so it wouldn't be much trouble to substitute one of my old bolt actions for a battle rifle. I can ask Mark if I can borrow one of his to shoot until I get back up here for the end of the month shoot. I'm willing to bet that he'd let me.

:popcorn:

contrary to popular belief, he's got all the nifty ones. I just own a few old bolt actions....and a wicked cool skeet gun.

Guest GLOCKGUY

hey strickj if CHRPC Range dose not work out for all of us what do you think about going to carters in door range again on hyw 58 on Sunday

Guest price g
If I can borrow a rifle, I'll shoot 3-gun... I've played before. I think the wedding is at 2... I ought to be able to make it back up there. Suppose I should run the course in a tux? :popcorn:

Honestly, Sunday would work better for me... but I'm up for anything that's feasible.

2 things I'll need to know:

What caliber ammo should I bring for the rifle, if I can borrow one? And, do you guys use strict IDPA 3-gun rules? I've got a magwell on my XD, but I can remove it if necessary.

I use a stripped down version of the Multi Gun International rules.3 classes, any caliber.Your rifle classifies you.Limited= no optics on any gun. Tactical=one optic on rifle only. Open=multiple optics on all guns, speed loaders for shotgun. Courses of fire are mostly IPSC style. I score IDPA. Any safe firearm allowed. Any safe holster allowed with the exception of shoulder holsters.

I use a stripped down version of the Multi Gun International rules.3 classes, any caliber.Your rifle classifies you.Limited= no optics on any gun. Tactical=one optic on rifle only. Open=multiple optics on all guns, speed loaders for shotgun. Courses of fire are mostly IPSC style. I score IDPA. Any safe firearm allowed. Any safe holster allowed with the exception of shoulder holsters.

If that's the case, I'll ask my sis in law if I can borrow her "ugly" gun...its an ar. I'm pretty sure she'll let me use it and a couple of magazines... so make the ammo .223 heck, Eddie, if you let me use your shotgun, we can both play! :popcorn:

It has open sights, unless you would rather go with something else.

Guest price g

This will help you decide. The longest rifle shot will be 100yrds. Shotgun is between 12 and 15yrds. pistol is contact to 15yrds and some of the rifle will be house clearing type stuff.

This will help you decide. The longest rifle shot will be 100yrds. Shotgun is between 12 and 15yrds. pistol is contact to 15yrds and some of the rifle will be house clearing type stuff.

Nice! thanks Price!

since it's a 16 inch barrel on the ar, I think it'll work for cqb and for the longer range shots...it won't be as good as...say an m4 but it'll work.

I've never shot a competetion like this before...so if Eddie goes I'll probably bug him with alot of questions :popcorn:.

and if Julie will let me, I might be able to make Carters on sunday....I DO have a 1 year membership there :popcorn: not taking any bets on that though.

Well I will sit out the 3-gun type stuff.It would take me forever to finish having to holster between shots,lol

Also I'm not to certain how my KelTec would hold up on 100 yd shots and thats the only rifle I own other then the high powered pellet rifle

Cady:I think Carters does their classes every 2nd weekend

Edited by strickj
Guest price g
i would love to give it a try but i only have a G-19 and a 22 rifle

I always take extras. If you show up with birdshot and .223 ammo, someone will put a long arm in your hand.

ALSO just added this a couple of months ago, you can use a .22 rimfire rifle too.

I'd ask my wife if I could use her ruger 10/22 but it wouldn't work for the cqb portion.:popcorn: as it is, I'll have to wait and find out if I can borrow my sis in law's ar. if so, I'll THEN have to come up with the requisite ammo for the match...*sigh*

Originally Posted by strickj viewpost.gif

Cady:I think Carters does their classes every 2nd weekend

Scratch that!

Now that I think about it I think their classes are every 3rd weekend so a Sunday shoot at carters would probably work if all else fails

Edited by strickj
Guest Verbal Kint
I'd ask my wife if I could use her ruger 10/22 but it wouldn't work for the cqb portion.:popcorn: as it is, I'll have to wait and find out if I can borrow my sis in law's ar. if so, I'll THEN have to come up with the requisite ammo for the match...*sigh*

Sounds like you need to build an AR, like the rest of us cool kids. :popcorn:

Remember... you promised not to buy another firearm within a year... you didn't say anything about building one. :down:

Heh..did I mention that my wife is smarter than I am?

she hit me with rules on the wallet...she said that I'm not allowed to spend money on another firearm UNLESS it comes from me recycling copper that we take off the towers (decommission of old lines, etc) OR if I sell or trade a firearm that I have now.

she also put strictures on my ammo consumption and procurement.

that reminds me..I need to get my reloading gear out of storage while I'm here....(thanks again for letting me buy that stuff Mars!!) it came with about 1000 bullets for .308 :popcorn:

I figure I can reload what I shoot alot cheaper than buying new and that will help. but I WILL abide by her rules. You know the old saw.."if momma ain't happy, nobody is"...

:popcorn:

Guest GUTTERbOY
I always take extras. If you show up with birdshot and .223 ammo, someone will put a long arm in your hand.

hmmm... now I'm getting interested. I've got a fair bit of birdshot in the closet, though no .223. But hey, if you can use a .22... I've been wanting to pick up a 10/22 for a while now.. maybe this week...

tempting bastards. :popcorn: