9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Day To Shoot?

• Saturday the 12th
    • Sunday the 13th

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gps says the shortest route will be through Ooltewah to which there is a few restaurants on the way.Either way yall wanna drive you will have somewhere to eat.

If yall go through Cleveland there is a great little restaurant on Lee Hwy called the Dairi Kreme thats has good food and great peanut butter malts! Thats a little out of the way but Ill still throw it out there

I reassured myself yesterday that my diagnostic skills are still horrible! Come to find out after charging my car battery,that I have a cylinder not firring,some exhaust blow back,and a whishing sound when giving it some gas. So now my diagnostic is going to be the timing.

I have a friend coming by sometime today to make sure it is the timing before I start pulling crap off,because my diagnostic skills are horrible,lol!

I have done one timing belt before so Ill know what to expect,but its still going to suck for me to get to!Hopefully I can get it licked by Sunday!

Gutter;Carters has an AR sitting on the shelf! I looked at it Tuesday and its not to bad looking. Its a Colt pre-ban I think.They are asking 1,300~

Yeah a little pricey for my taste but being its used its up for rent for 10 bucks.Might wanna put some through it if no one has an AR this weekend

Guest GUTTERbOY
Gutter;Carters has an AR sitting on the shelf! I looked at it Tuesday and its not to bad looking. Its a Colt pre-ban I think.They are asking 1,300~

Yeah a little pricey for my taste but being its used its up for rent for 10 bucks.Might wanna put some through it if no one has an AR this weekend

Cool, I'll keep that in mind if I still need to get my hands on one. I figure doing a build on my own, I can get out for maybe $600-700. I don't plan on doing anything wild with my first one, probably just a basic iron sight A2 clone... I'll wait until the addiction sets in before I go tacticool-wild. :D

Hell, we got people dropping like flies here! Well, for the remainder, how does meeting at noon for lunch, at a yet-to-be-determined site sound? Then we'll just head out to the range when we're done.

Cadillac, I understand not wanting to drive out there... my offer to take riders still stands if you're interested.

EDIT: So far it looks like we've got Glockguy, 53caddy + 3 friends, Brandon, and mc definitely in. Strick is up in the air with the car, tower's out, and molon is probably out. Eight folks including me, not counting Skip. Better turn out than our last Carter's gathering...

If anyone's gonna have an AR on hand, I'd like to take a look at it and maybe ask some questions... thinking about building my first EBR in the next couple months. Never shot one, though... only handled one once. :blink:

I plan on bringing my Del-Ton AR (not as tacticool as some of the ARs on here, but I like it), my 7.62 Saiga conversion, .22 plinker and maybe the RIA compact.

Guest mc30707
Hell, we got people dropping like flies here! Well, for the remainder, how does meeting at noon for lunch, at a yet-to-be-determined site sound? Then we'll just head out to the range when we're done.

Cadillac, I understand not wanting to drive out there... my offer to take riders still stands if you're interested.

EDIT: So far it looks like we've got Glockguy, 53caddy + 3 friends, Brandon, and mc definitely in. Strick is up in the air with the car, tower's out, and molon is probably out. Eight folks including me, not counting Skip. Better turn out than our last Carter's gathering...

If anyone's gonna have an AR on hand, I'd like to take a look at it and maybe ask some questions... thinking about building my first EBR in the next couple months. Never shot one, though... only handled one once. :shrug:

I have a Stag model 2L I can bring (lefty version)

Did you see this one?

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9712

Edited by mc30707
My gps says the shortest route will be through Ooltewah to which there is a few restaurants on the way.Either way yall wanna drive you will have somewhere to eat.

If yall go through Cleveland there is a great little restaurant on Lee Hwy called the Dairi Kreme thats has good food and great peanut butter malts! Thats a little out of the way but Ill still throw it out there

I reassured myself yesterday that my diagnostic skills are still horrible! Come to find out after charging my car battery,that I have a cylinder not firring,some exhaust blow back,and a whishing sound when giving it some gas. So now my diagnostic is going to be the timing.

I have a friend coming by sometime today to make sure it is the timing before I start pulling crap off,because my diagnostic skills are horrible,lol!

I have done one timing belt before so Ill know what to expect,but its still going to suck for me to get to!Hopefully I can get it licked by Sunday!

The Dari Kreme has excellent hamburgers and shakes. Ooltewah has Cracker Barrel, McDonald's, Hardees, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Mexican, Chinese, Bojangles, Subway and maybe another or two.

Going through Ooltewah is the quickest way but not necessarily the easiest without a GPS. But if we are meeting in Ooltewah for lunch I will be happy to lead the way to the club.

I will be offline the rest of the night but will check in tomorrow before the 3 gun.

Guest GLOCKGUY

Ooltewah i thought we were going to meet in Cleveland for lunch. Ooltewah will be fine im really not sure how to get there from Dayton

Guest GUTTERbOY

OK, I'm thinking that Hardee's in Cleveland at noon is the way to go. Meeting down in Ooltewah wouldn't really be fair to GG, since he's coming down from Dayton.

Everybody OK with that?

Guest abailey362

thanks for rubbin it in...much rather be out in the heat shootin than here at work. yall have fun tomorrow....i won't even be able to make it out late now.

I have two friends I suckered....I mean gracefully talked into to doing my timing belt for me :D

They are out there right now doing it! ::Somebody turn off the air conditioner,its to cold in here::

I'm gona have to wash my car theres so much sweat on it :mad:

When you take the blue springs exit, you will circle around. Turn Right on Blue Springs and go under the bypass. Hardee's is on your Left about 1/16 mile from the bypass.

Guess I cant be right all the time,but wasn't the old one on the right?

Guest GUTTERbOY

Alright folks, I'll see you all at noon tomorrow. I'll be easy to identify- at some point you'll hear the unmistakable clatter of sticky lifters, and then about ten minutes later this heap will putter into the parking lot:

IMG_3258_edit.jpg

:D

Guys,

If I'm EXTREMELY lucky, I'll be able to make it there sometime after noon.

SO! if someone would be kind enough to post the gps co-ordinates or an address, I'll be there.

On a side note, I drove 128 miles today, to pick up my Ishpoor Enfield. It's beautiful!

Also, there's a star on the barrel. if that means what I THINK it means...I'll be Sh**ing in HIGH cotton with this rifle!!! with my luck though, it probably means that I've been blessed by fishnu or some other hindi god...:confused: and I'm now fully qualified to get my butt kicked by the Chinese.

LOL!!!!