1. 1. Best Day To Shoot?

• Saturday the 12th
    • Sunday the 13th

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

If I'm EXTREMELY lucky, I'll be able to make it there sometime after noon.

SO! if someone would be kind enough to post the gps co-ordinates or an address, I'll be there.

On a side note, I drove 128 miles today, to pick up my Ishpoor Enfield. It's beautiful!

Also, there's a star on the barrel. if that means what I THINK it means...I'll be Sh**ing in HIGH cotton with this rifle!!! with my luck though, it probably means that I've been blessed by fishnu or some other hindi god...:rolleyes: and I'm now fully qualified to get my butt kicked by the Chinese.

LOL!!!!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Cleveland&state=TN&address=2259+Leadmine+Valley+Road+Sw&zipcode=37311

Directions and address for CHRPC Range.

2522 Leadmine Valley Road SW

Cleveland, Tennessee 37311

GPS: 35.061412, -84.935281

FROM ATLANTA, CHATTANOOGA, KNOXVILLE, AND CLEVELAND (TRAVELING ON I-75): Take I-75 to exit 20 in Tennessee. Travel EAST on APD. 40 (Cleveland Bypass) 3.6 miles to Blue Springs Rd. Turn left onto Blue Springs Rd. Go 3.1 miles to Blue Springs Church Rd. Turn right and go .5 miles to Lead Mine Valley Rd. Turn left and go 2.5 miles to Scott's Ln. Turn right opposite Scott's Ln into club driveway.

FROM DALTON, GA: Take Hwy 71 to TN state line where it becomes TN Hwy 60(Dalton Pike). From the state line 1.9 miles. Turn left onto TN hwy 317 (Weatherly Switch Rd). Go west 0.8 miles to Blue Springs Rd. Turn right and go North 1 mile. Turn left at Scott's Ln SW and travel till it ends at Lead Mine Valley Road SW. The club driveway is immediately across Lead Mine Valley Road SW.

Guest GUTTERbOY

From looking at the radar, it looks like this stuff will probably blow outta here by around 1 or so, so we'll probably get dried out unless some more rain boils up behind it. Think I'll still wear some good boots, though. Dunno how muddy it gets out at CHRPC.

Guest GLOCKGUY

just talk to skip and he said there building we can shoot out of here's my phone number if everybody chances their mind call me i leaving now i have to stop by wal-mart and get some safety glasses 423-618-0704

I live about 4 miles from the range and it is pouring down right now. It is raining slightly 10 miles west.

Each range has an area covered by a roof system which could be used to shoot from. On the pistol range it would require a long shot or we could put targets on barrels and pull them closer.

It looks like it might be gone by 1pm but I am not sure. The range has gravel most everywhere so it is not too muddy.

I will still plan to be at Hardee's. 423-667-3173

Guest GUTTERbOY

Whew, back home in the air conditioning now. I think I might even stop sweating in another 15 minutes or so.

CHRPC is a nice place. 100 & 200 yard rifle ranges, clay pigeon busting area, and three or so pistol bays. I think that once I flesh out my collection some more, I'll look into a membership up there- it's really not that much further from me than Prentice Cooper. Too bad there isn't another place to cross Chickamauga between 153 and 60- I'm almost directly due west of Cleveland, but of course I have to dip down to 153 to cross the river. It's only about 18 miles as the crow flies, but the drive works out to about twice that far.

Anyway, I got to shoot Mike's AR and one of Skip's friends' SiG 556. Skip brought quite a selection, but oddly enough I didn't even shoot any of his stuff. Humph. I also brought my camera with the intention of getting some pics of the shoot, but I didn't take a single one.

Skip, Tony(?), good to meet you folks. Mike, good to see you again and thanks again for letting me play with your EBR. We'll have to do it again some time, maybe at PC next time?

Guest GLOCKGUY

CHRPC is a real nice place. would like to thanks skip for the invite my wife and i loved it the only bad thing was i took 250 rounds of ammo and my wife shot over 150 rounds of it. she said i messed up for taking her now she has the gun bug and she wants a G-26 . oh well ill just be adding one more Glock to the family. But i enjoyed meeting you skip and mike and GUTTERboy sorry i can not remember your name GUTTERboy im bad with names. but it was defintly fun hope we can do it again next month :tinfoil:

Guest GUTTERbOY

Jeez, dude, it's in my signature. Philip. :panic:

Don't worry, I forgot your wife's name, too. I think I got yours right, though.

So your wife got the pistol bug and now thanks to Mike, I'm convinced I need an AR. Well, if we ever get our current work project finished and I get paid for it, I think the AR will come out of that. Hopefully that'll happen before our next meet, so I'll have something new to show off. :tinfoil:

Skip just wasn't interested at all in shooting my Savage 110 "Redneck Special." I guess the concussion from a few feet away was quite enough for him. :D

Skip just wasn't interested at all in shooting my Savage 110 "Redneck Special." I guess the concussion from a few feet away was quite enough for him. :tinfoil:

I think people 5 counties over felt the "Redneck Special". 7mm? I think maybe 50 BMG!!!!

Really nice to meet all of you, had a great time shooting. Next time I will try to bring a wider variety and maybe some more people with more stuff. YEAH, MORE STUFF......

Guest GUTTERbOY

OK, here it is:

IMG_3079_mod.jpg

This rifle is one of those guns that has a story behind it. See, one day back in Raleigh, my roommate calls me out of the blue. He's at the local Wal-Mart, and would I be interested in a Savage 110 in 7mm Rem mag for $75? Well, yeah. Turns out this rifle had been a layaway once upon a time, and then sat back on the shelf for who knows how long, until it was discovered that day. And to make things better, I had $80 in gift certificates to burn up, so I passed the clerk $0.33 and took my rifle home.

:panic:

Anyway, first thing I did was toss the POS Simmons scope it came with, and picked up a Sightron 4-16x40 for it. Shortly thereafter, I added a Pachmayr recoil pad. With that setup it would print about 1.5" groups at 100 yards. But since I'm an incessant tinkerer, I messed with it some more. I melted up some lead shot and pouredit into the forearm to tone down the recoil some,then glass bedded it. Then I decided I wanted a camo rifle. Trip to the hobby store for some spray paint, some painstaking hommade stencils, and now I've got a faux-MARPAT finish.

After the glass bed, she now shoots under 1 MOA. And I have maybe $450 in the thing. It's still not exactly "fun" to shoot, though especially when you consider the cost of 7mm ammo. :tinfoil: It got maybe ten rounds through it today.

Guest GLOCKGUY

mike and Philip sorry i did not get a chances to say bye my wife had to go to the bathroom and she said theirs was no way she was going in a prot-o-potte. i told her to head to the woods then she said ya right :panic: but im sure we will meet again. strickj and Molonlabetn i hated you guys could not make it today i really wanted to meet you guys maybe next time :tinfoil:

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest price g

Sorry I was unable to make it. Nine hours on Saturday working the match made for a long day. I am glad everyone had a good time. Skip is a top notch host. Their is always next month.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Sorry I was unable to make it. Nine hours on Saturday working the match made for a long day. I am glad everyone had a good time. Skip is a top notch host. Their is always next month.

yes he was a top notch host. he brought enough guns and ammo to start a small war. and when i ran out of 9mm ammo he offered me some of his. real nice guy. I'm already looking forward to next month TGO meet :up:

same here.

I was working in Kingsport on Friday so I stayed here for the weekend. I was going to head back to Chattanooga early this afternoon, but the rain squashed that. I'm a firm believer that you do what ever you can do to mitigate dangers of travel...and driving 3 hours in pouring rain isn't a good idea.

I hope you guys enjoyed the meet!!!

:up:

Guest GUTTERbOY

I think today's weather could have inspired a bad horror flick... title it something like Day Of The Sporadic Toad-Stranglers.

Seriously, I was actually awoken this morning my thunder before my alarm went off. Then it proceeded to pour down rain until right before I left the house. By the time we got done eating and headed to CHRPC, it was bright and sunny, and stayed that way most of the afternoon. Until I left the range... and then it started pouring again. By the time I got home... there's the sun back out again.

Kind of glad the weather's stayed good so far this evening, 'cause I'm smoking some pork out on the deck.

:up:

Guest mc30707

Thanks again to Skip for having us out. Very nice range, wish I lived closer, I'd be a member. The rain held off long enough to let us shoot. I think we all had a good time. thanks again Mike,

:drama:

Thanks again to Skip for having us out. Very nice range, wish I lived closer, I'd be a member. The rain held off long enough to let us shoot. I think we all had a good time. thanks again Mike,

:drama:

Mike, I enjoyed meeting you and was glad you came. Don't forget to bring your Sig by when you get a chance and we'll get that sight fixed.