Thumler Tumbler Model B belt replacement

Just FYI, but I broke a belt on my Mod. B this week. I usually break a belt about every two years. So they are durable. However, I had brass to clean, and Midway was out of stock (like everything else). I did find another at a rock collectors website and ordered it, $12.50 including shipping, but THEN I saw on another site where someone used a vacuum cleaner belt.

Well, I went to my local Walmart to see what they had. Of all the belts, there was only one that was round, vs flat, that kind of looked like it might work. For $2.50 I took the gamble and bought the package of two. To my delight, yep, fit just fine, though I had to give it a rolling start as it was just a bit tighter, though I'm sure it'll stretch. Been tumbling brass for a few days now with it, no problem.

Since I ordered the replacement belt already, I will use it when it comes in and keep the vacuum belts for back-ups, but if you have a Mod B Thumler and break a belt, here's your quick fix,,, Wally World, Eureka RD by Durabelt, fits (Eureka 400 and a few more).

Worked for me. Good day. :up:

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I bought a Model B about a week or so ago. Had thought the same thing about the belt. Vac belts

look to be about the same if you could find one. Luckily you did. I'll keep that in mind. Hope mine will last a while.

FWIW, RockTumbler.com has belts & other parts if needed.

Guest Fruit jar

When you get the new belt, go to a hardware store or auto parts store or Tractor Supply. Size the belt, buy a spare or keep the new belt number for later.

Hey Grunt,

I can't say enough about my model B, I bought it in 1980 and its still going. No telling how much brass its cleaned, especially since my other reloading buddies back then, who were also just getting started, would bring their brass over for me to clean too ... tightwads...LOL.

Hey Grunt,

I can't say enough about my model B, I bought it in 1980 and its still going. No telling how much brass its cleaned, especially since my other reloading buddies back then, who were also just getting started, would bring their brass over for me to clean too ... tightwads...LOL.

LOL, yeah, I wish I had know about this years ago. When I first started handloading back in

the late '60s, I cleaned each pc by hand with Brasso & a cotton cloth. Didn't have large batches,

Live & learn. And, true, the "B" isn't cheap. I paid $250 for mine (including shipping, etc), from

STM ( StainlessTumblingMedia). Had a 2 week backorder due to volume of orders. Good

company to do business with. Had no problem communicating with them via email.

Thanks for your service, BTW, from an ole Army grunt.