New Mosin Nagant

patbax2

Went to see the parents last weekend and my dad gave me a mosin nagant he picked up a while back. After some research it looks to be a hungarian m44. I got it home and cleaned it up and it seems to be in pretty good shape. Can't wait to try it out. The rear sight is gone because someone put this red dot scope on it, but thats coming off soon. Anyone know where I can find the rear sight for it?

HPIM0271.jpg

HPIM0272.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will look through my parts this weekend. I may have an m44 rear sight. It will be Russian or Chinese, but they will all interchange. Do you also need the spring and pin?

Thanks. I don't really know how they are made but I guess I need everything to do with it. There is nothing there at all, just a place for it.

Guest Fastzntn

Be sure and buy a bottle of "Sweet's 7.62" cleaner. I scrubbed and scrubbed with Hoppe's, Outer's foaming bore cleaner and even soapy water, but the Sweet's cleaned my Mosin like nothing else in 20 minutes.

Enjoy the new rifle, it'll put a smile on your face!

Guest mc30707

I have a couple of MN 91/30's. They are dependable old rifles. They are accurate enough, but long and heavy. Fun to shoot. Surplus ammo is still cheap.

PatBax, try tennessee gun parts, on the web. They carry MN parts. Failing that, there is a good chance we could work out a swap of some sort - your scope/mount for a rear sight and some ammo, maybe?

TDR, you gotta gotta gotta make it to an East TN shoot. Bring your daughter, we'll set her up with a her-sized 22 rifle guaranteed to put a smile on anyones' face (except Sarah Brady, who'll cry :blink: )

PatBax, try tennessee gun parts, on the web. They carry MN parts. Failing that, there is a good chance we could work out a swap of some sort - your scope/mount for a rear sight and some ammo, maybe?

TDR, you gotta gotta gotta make it to an East TN shoot. Bring your daughter, we'll set her up with a her-sized 22 rifle guaranteed to put a smile on anyones' face (except Sarah Brady, who'll cry :shrug: )

Thanks a lot. They had a rear sight assembly with everything i need:bowrofl:

• 2 years later...