AK-47 Pistol / Experience

Viscero - thank you for you responce- whats your perception on the current mkt on these?  I have just started looking and am not in a hurry, i dont want to buy into the hype of AK AR bang and over pay. 

I think Wideners is about the only place that has them in stock at a not too insane price right now @ $689 w/ two mags.  Plus its a TN store so you get to feel good about spending money in state  :up:

There's a pretty well maintained thread over on arfcom that keeps up with the current inventory, pricing, and included accessories here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/125653_AK_Pistols_Prices_Availability.html for all of the different pistol configs.

I say "included accessories" because the M92's ship from the factory with a cleaning rod and two mags but some retailers are/were skimming the mags and rods and selling them seperately at panic prices.

Edited by viscero

It doesn't get much more practical than a Draco or M92. You don't loose any thing balistically, you gain a bit of accuracy, and you gain a lot on portability. Basically it's a 30-30 or a better version of the 300 blackout. ;-)
Essentially there is one pistol on the market the M92. They other one is the Draco but they dried up and are harder to find these days. You can get one of the Arsenals but you pay for the pretty.
Put a stock on it and its about as good as it gets in the AK world. I've had a bunch of AK's and the SBR'd pistols are by far my favorites.
Untitled.jpg

Smith,  how do you like that grip on there?  Its the one characteristic I haven't settled on yet for mine.  So far I've tried the traditional AK grip, the Saw style, and a MIAD with SLR adapter.  Was wondering about this one as well as the new AK-specific magpul offering.

Smith,  how do you like that grip on there?  Its the one characteristic I haven't settled on yet for mine.  So far I've tried the traditional AK grip, the Saw style, and a MIAD with SLR adapter.  Was wondering about this one as well as the new AK-specific magpul offering.

LOVE it. I tried all the ones you listed plus the MFT and the CAA grips. The MD Arms Molot grip is by far my favorite. Those who have held it like it as well.

BTT - Century raised their dealer prices. These things keep going up.

I got the US MachineGunners extended 4 pc Hider and a hinge for my Draco to turn it into a rifle. I just start to rethink the whole SBR or just leave a pistol everytime I lay it on the Jeep seat. It is just so handy as is!

Great Info-thank you -

I think Wideners is about the only place that has them in stock at a not too insane price right now @ $689 w/ two mags.  Plus its a TN store so you get to feel good about spending money in state  :up:

There's a pretty well maintained thread over on arfcom that keeps up with the current inventory, pricing, and included accessories here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/125653_AK_Pistols_Prices_Availability.html for all of the different pistol configs.

I say "included accessories" because the M92's ship from the factory with a cleaning rod and two mags but some retailers are/were skimming the mags and rods and selling them seperately at panic prices.

Just happened to see this Draco up for sale on Slickguns.  I have actually been to this store and bought a couple of long guns in the past.  Not sure why they even bother putting the word "Pawn" in their name.  The place is wall to wall guns and even has a range I think.  Anyways, good folks to buy from in my experience if you were craving a Draco.

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=303&products_id=366048