I got lucky at Academy this morning!

rugerla1

Do yourself a favor, just try to find a few Ruger brand round (square) 10-round magazine, and pick up a Alangator TriMag. Better and more dependable than any other 10/22 magazine on the market.Awesome, thanks for the tip. I planned on getting a couple extra Ruger 10 rounders regardless, but didn't know if anything else came close.

MidwayUSA is usually TGO best place to pick up those Alangator TriMags, unless you can find them locally. They are usually about $10-$12.

MidwayUSA is usually TGO best place to pick up those Alangator TriMags, unless you can find them locally. They are usually about $10-$12.

Good deal, I will definitely check them out. Thanks again, can't wait to take her out and let her run through some ammo.
So excitement has turned to small frustration. I was just putting on her scope base, pulled out the headless screws, and had started putting in the mounting screws. Using only my finger tips on the tiny screwdriver, I started spinning each screw till O would feel a little grab, not even to "tightening" yet, and the last (rear) screw just spins and spins like the screw was too small. I put the extra one provided and same thing. Ticks me off! I know there won't be much recoil and three is probably enough, but I want her first rifle to be perfect.
**edit**
Okay, did some research and apparently I'm one of thousands of owners who have had this happen. Wouldn't have bothered me so much of it wasn't right out of the box. Edited by rugerla1

After seeing you got the rifle at Academy at pre-looting prices I thought, eventually wouldn't it be interesting if it was the power of the Big Box stores that brought normalcy to gun and ammo prices versus the looter prices through some online and at some of our (only some) LGSs.

Guest bbtie72
I picked up a what I think is a good deal in a stainless Lvt 10/22 with a tapered bull barrel at bills outpost in alcoa. They had a good selection and reasonable prices. I paid $349. Still no ammo!!!

I picked up a .22 rifle in Huntsville a couple weeks ago. After filling out the paper work, and getting my wallet out, he asked me if I wanted a brick of ammo to go with it. I said "You've got .22 bricks?" He said yeah, but only when you purchase a gun in that caliber. Almost makes me think the bottom may really fall out on certain firearms as the ammo gets harder to find.

I know personally I'm done buying firearms for awhile. I can't feed the ones I own as it is. :down:

• 1 month later...
I reckon I'm gonna have to ask my daughter if I can use some of her ammo. Went to Specialty Arms in LaVergne this morning before workand picked up a blblack synthetic stock/stainless barrel Ruger 10/22!!! I am tickled to death!!